• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Searching for a high capacity portable audio player

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I have been loving my classic Microsoft Zune 120GB PMP in my car as the ultimate personal radio station - I filled with all my music and hit random and just go, no programming needed. But it is getting pretty dang long in the tooth. I imagine I'll get at least another 6 months to a year out it, but I want to start considering options to replace it.

I have music on my Android and Windows phones, but they are limted in storage capacity, so I often have to delete stuff to make room for the new music I buy. I hate that! I also have a 64GB flash Zune, but again, it was completely filled in the first day on the job and I have to delete content to make room for new music.

On my 120GB Zune I am using about 112GB of its capacity, so I am looking for something with at least 100 GB of space.

What's out there which is small, light, and effective with a long batter life? Don't bother with an iDevice as I am not planning on buying into the Apple ecosystem.

Other than the Cowen X7 (160GB), I don't really know of any other high capacity players that are not iDevices.

:(

D

mzpro5 said:
Though there seems to be a number of players out there I could not find one that has the storage capacity you would like.

Have you considered one such as Samsung Galaxy 5.0 Android MP3 Player and use several 32 GB microSD Cards to hold all your music?

I have lookd at those sorts of things. But I don't want to choose what I am listening to. I love the fact I can click play on my Zune and it is like turning on a radio station comprised of only music I love enough to buy. I don't want to have to take the time and consider what I want to hear, grab the right media, insert it, scroll to my desired choice, and play it. I just want to hit play and I magically get everything randomly. It is refreshing to ocassionally hear a tune I've forgotten about, or a deep track I didn't appreciate when I first heard it.

Ugh... I may be screwed. I've been searching high and low and this isn't easy.

The first thing I did with my 80GB Zune was replace the battery with a high capacity battery. I also purchased a junk Zune for pieces and parts, so when something goes south, no problemo.

Zune 120gb

Rope

Hit ebay, craigslist and local pawnshops to buy a few "spares". It's not like the Zune software will quit working.

I can get a gently used 120Gb Zune for around $200 in Houston.

Back