• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

sharp tvs?

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
not sure how but i guess after a couple of months of teasing, wifey is okay'ing a new tv. shoot, she got a new car (highlander), and i guess with the tv in the living room (42 inch), i had to crawl up with my ego left on the couch, to go closer to play my skyrim. i couldnt see some things!

anyways, i saw a sharp. i liked it, i dont remember the model number but its a 60 for around 1699.

saw an OLDER model in magnolia, this ones an aquos lc60le835, which says its 3d CAPABLE (i dont know what it means),

anyways,

thoughts? opinions? i saw that the sale expires june 9 so im on a timeframe, read thru reviews and clouding seems to be an issue. will look into this further on.

also, if ever, the 3d aspect of it is an add on, more or less im after the aquos aspect and 240hz, compared to the other model i saw, which is also a 60 but 120hz.

anyways, id love to try out my 3d avatar but im not holding my breath.

thoughts?

thanks mzpro, but i showed her a couple via amazon too, and the wifey said we'd have to use the best buy card for this one.

:handgestures-thumbdown:

anyone own a sharp around here? just wanted to know more about the brand than the tv...

jomari said:
thanks mzpro, but i showed her a couple via amazon too, and the wifey said we'd have to use the best buy card for this one.

:handgestures-thumbdown:

anyone own a sharp around here? just wanted to know more about the brand than the tv...

I had a sharp 21" CRT 26 years ago when I first moved into my house. Great TV for the time.

I realize that doesn't really help but that is my only experience with Sharp TV's.

I've had a Sharp Aquos LC52D64U in my family room HT for over 3 years and am very happy with it.

I bought an even bigger (at least 70") Aquos for my Mom less than 2 years ago. My brother inherited it when she passed away. It's a great unit.

Misc thoughts: 1. I've never had a 3D set, and probably never will. 2. After seeing quite a variety of brands in stores and in people's homes, I now know that I absolutely hate the "flat artificial video" look that comes with movies that are displayed at higher refresh rates, and would never buy based on this feature (or would at least need to know that if it comes with it, that it can be defetaed by some menu option.) 60Hz is all that I ever want to see onscreen (for native video) and I far prefer that movies shot at 24Hz be displayed as such.

JeffMackwood said:
I've had a Sharp Aquos LC52D64U in my family room HT for over 3 years and am very happy with it.

I bought an even bigger (at least 70") Aquos for my Mom less than 2 years ago. My brother inherited it when she passed away. It's a great unit.

Misc thoughts: 1. I've never had a 3D set, and probably never will. 2. After seeing quite a variety of brands in stores and in people's homes, I now know that I absolutely hate the "flat artificial video" look that comes with movies that are displayed at higher refresh rates, and would never buy based on this feature (or would at least need to know that if it comes with it, that it can be defetaed by some menu option.) 60Hz is all that I ever want to see onscreen (for native video) and I far prefer that movies shot at 24Hz be displayed as such.

like the mp game with cameras, im pretty sure i didnt need it. nonetheless, i thought that despite the 3d aspect of this tv, im seeing its a pretty good deal comparatively to other tvs. plus the fact that its their top of the line of last year, i think i might bite.

hey, they have a good return policy anyways, might as well make BB bleed a bit. i dont do it that often (one time i think, but that was when i had a pj back then)...

the 240hz game is also out there too, with this tv, its more or less dimming the entire picture when enabled.

the Biggest problem with this tv is clouding, apparently the panels are so uneven, that when you pop some dark images, it will flashlight stuff or what not. nonetheless, will test it firsthand. sale ends june 9th, so its an early bday gift. :happy-smileygiantred:

switched.

went with samsung. bought a samsung last year, and the year before.

last tv i buy on my birthday. i promise.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

its the costco model, Model UN60EH6050F], but similar to the UN60EH6000 with a LED backlit compared to the edge lit LCD's out there.

as much as i was going to get the sharp, i think that the clouding issue may be too prevalent for me. i can stand darker corners, and based on some comments, it dissappears gradually after use.

anyways, its got 2 hdmi's but i can live with that. and a hdmi splitter if needed.

jomari said:
switched.

went with samsung. bought a samsung last year, and the year before.

last tv i buy on my birthday. i promise.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Produc..._Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

its the costco model, Model UN60EH6050F], but similar to the UN60EH6000 with a LED backlit compared to the edge lit LCD's out there.

as much as i was going to get the sharp, i think that the clouding issue may be too prevalent for me. i can stand darker corners, and based on some comments, it dissappears gradually after use.

anyways, its got 2 hdmi's but i can live with that. and a hdmi splitter if needed.

You will not be disappointed in Samsung. Over the last couple years I have bought and set up 5 Samsung TV's for myself and friends. Not a complaint from anyone.

got my tv home last night, man was it heavy. its not like the edge lit ones where its thin as a flippin napkin, mines around 3 inches thick.

anyways, a bit flustered with it, my math was all wrong, the total amount of space on my media center is 43 inches high, center pegged at 8 inches (without mopads), tv was at 35 inches.

i did NOT consider the 3'4" board the tv stand would be sitting on.

*facepalm*

anyways, im temporarily still fixing it up, and have to get a new 'board' for my tv to sit on. we got a hemnes system from ikea, and i would HATE to put the center channel on the top of the media bridge...its in black, similar to the one below, but with smaller bookshelves on the sides flanking.

hemnes-tv-storage-combination__0141038_PE301071_S4.JPG

*sigh*

i just realized, my color blindedness is getting the better of me. i cant calibrate my tv.

last time i did that, i had to find specs online.

i also have the wow disney disc, and the hd-dvd version of i forgot the name of it. not the spears and munsil one.

i hate this. everyone i see on tv is the hulk.

Back