• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SiriusXM vs Amazoid Prime

Occasionally.
And I underestimated SiriusFU: the written offer for $6/mo for one year arrived today. :veryangry:
and with the added music royalties fee what’s it come to like 9 or 10 bucks?

hey that’s still a good deal for 48kbps quality (if they havent improved it from the bad old days when I had Sirius installed in my 2003 Ford Ranger aftermarket). Been too many years since I cancelled but think my after tax monthly charge was getting to be around the $16-$18 range maybe????? And what a pain to cancel was it ever. Siriusly way too jerky. Passed from one person to another. Eventually I said I had no job and couldnt pay them anything Just to be done with the call. Jerks.

I bought an Alexa for the car when they first came out, and have been pretty happy with it. Seems like it was less than 50 bucks, and it uses your phones internet connection to stream. Just wish their comedy station had more content. Not sure if it's cd quality like they talk about, but the music streams sound pretty good.

PS-I'm not sure why it does this, but if I'm in the house and visit a website on my phone, when turning on the Alexa in the car after that, it will show URL as the streaming source. Had a little explaining to do when it said something like co-ed cream pie party or something like that when the wife saw it.

I keep forgetting to post this, but my Yamaha got a firmware update recently, and I can now stream Alexa via bluetooth to my receiver. Before, for whatever reason, the music was choppy and in and out, but now it just sounds great. I know Amazon went cd quality, or at least their version, awhile back, and I don't if the stream through Alexa is that, but it sounds good and didn't cost me any additional money.

Back