• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaking of "Old" CDs

• Thread starter Deleted member 133
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 133

Back before her multi-platinum chart-topping Jagged Little Pill release, Ottawa's own Alanis Morissette released two Cds - only in Canada: the dance-pop Alanis (1991) and Now is the Time (1992). I've recently bought both online and Now arrived today. I just finished giving it a spin and must say that it's a nice treat to listen to. Sure it's light and fluffy, but her voice is in great form and fun to listen to - assuming you're an Alanis fan. Alanis was tougher to come by but after a couple of weeks of searching I snagged one for a reasonable price. Looking forward to when it arrives in the mailbox.

I like Alanis. I have a couple of her CD's. Jagged Little Pill is really a great one with respect to the way it was engineered and the song writing I think is brilliant.

Would be very interested in her early stuff.......

She has an acoustic version of Jagged Little Pill that sounds really, really good. I had first noticed it on amazon, but then found it for $5 at Walmart. Well worth the price.

Other than how much I enjoyed it, what struck me the most about Jagged Little Pill was how widespread the airplay was that it got. For a long time after its release I could hear it anywhere in the world that I travelled. Quite frankly she was the first Canadian artist that had gotten my attention that way.

There was a few months in my past where I think Jagged Little Pill was my favorite album.

I'm interested in hearing some of her earlier stuff.

I hope her earlier work was better than what followed JLP.

Towen7 said:
Far less angst! More pop / dance / ballad. But the voice is still very appealing - at least to me - and the production values (at least on Now Is The Time, her second CD - I'm still waiting for the first to arrive) are very good. I think it's neat to hear how she morphed / transitioned from the second CD to JLP.

Jeff

ps. Check your email! :)

ps. You too Razz

heeman said:
See "What are you listening now" Thread.......
Saw it!

ps. The problem with that "thread" is that it's a huge ball of yarn! It moves so fast that you either can't keep up - or miss a lot of the posts. So I tend to skip it and focus on artist-specific threads like this one. Don't get me wrong, it's a great thread. But the chances of seeing any particular post are slim to none. Sorta like AVS threads!

JeffMackwood said:
Towen7 said:
Far less angst! More pop / dance / ballad. But the voice is still very appealing - at least to me - and the production values (at least on Now Is The Time, her second CD - I'm still waiting for the first to arrive) are very good. I think it's neat to hear how she morphed / transitioned from the second CD to JLP.

Jeff

ps. Check your email! :)

ps. You too Razz

I can't remember if it was a behind the music or what, but they talked about her life, and before JLP, she was quite the "Pop Princess" there in Canada. She was involved with Ryan Reynolds for a long time as well. I'll have to check out her earlier stuff.

Back