• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sports Earbuds

FredtheFilmFan

My wife has the Bose SEI2i, and they are nice. They are comfy and sweat resistant, but the SQ isn't as good as I had expected and they are her earbuds, not mine. I'd buy myself some of the Bose but I'd like something with better SQ for that kind of dough. Any suggestions?

My suggestion would be to buy whatever buds meet your SQ requirements and fit them with the comply foam tips. The tips aren't terribly comfortable for the first wear or two but afterwards they're just fine. More to the point, they grip like hell and stay put.

About the only time I wear mine is when I'm doing yard work. Despite 90 degree heat, humidity, my sweat and physical movement, I never have to adjust them. I can't imagine they'd be any different for someone who works out or jogs.

I've been using my Shure SE535 for everything, including my time at the gym, working in the yard, and so on. The cable is replaceable, so if it wears out or breaks I can just get another. I also replace the foam tips every two to three weeks.

As such, unless you are swimming in them, I'd go with whatever earphones you like as long as you can replace the parts which will fail.

Flint said:
unless you are swimming in them

In such case I'd recommend the Finis Neptune "Bone Conduction" waterproof MP3 player.

Jeff

Flint said:
I've been using my Shure SE535 for everything, including my time at the gym, working in the yard, and so on. The cable is replaceable, so if it wears out or breaks I can just get another. I also replace the foam tips every two to three weeks.

As such, unless you are swimming in them, I'd go with whatever earphones you like as long as you can replace the parts which will fail.

^^
THIS!

The cords/cables will fail along with tips.

Rope

Back