• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Stargate Drive to Revive

Huey

Famous
There's a group of people trying to get another Stargate movie or series going, and I believe it was the original producers of the tv show. Supposedly there is going to be a tweet storm, or something like that coming up, as well as to promote the new series, Stargate Origins. I would probably pony up the money for the new series, you also get access to all of the tv shows and movies, but I think it is only browser based, and I would want to watch it on the big screen. I know I could cast it from my phone, but then I would be stuck with tv speakers for sound, and I know #firstworldproblems.

Anywho, here is LINK to info about the tweet day, and I guess a few of the past actors have signed up to participate. I would love to see a new Stargate tv series, especially if it was done right. I signed up for HULU just to be able to watch the episodes again, and usually average a 4 or 5 a week.

Firefly was more about the cast. Stargate was more about the universe. Firefly would be close to impossible to do this with.

Firefly was more about the cast. Stargate was more about the universe. Firefly would be close to impossible to do this with.
That is a good point. Firefly was more of a western than a space odyssey and it was definitely carried by the cast.

I would love to see a new series but am not going to spend additonal funds for another streaming"service"

Several weeks ago a friend was over and wanted to watch the original SG movie. After that I started watch the entire SG-1 series via Hulu. Because I "binge" several episodes at a time I realized a couple things I didn't notice in the past

There are basically only a couple story lines repeated over the series.

They bring something back an artifact/ object with no due diligence and chaos erupts
They get infected with a disease/virus as generally no type of isolation gear is worn when they go thru the gate.
They get caught by the Go'uld and have to escape.

It gets a bit tedious. The SG-1 team does not seem to learn too well from past experience. I find myself yelling at the TV "Don't touch that" or "No leave the damn thing there".

I would love to see a new series but am not going to spend additonal funds for another streaming"service"

Several weeks ago a friend was over and wanted to watch the original SG movie. After that I started watch the entire SG-1 series via Hulu. Because I "binge" several episodes at a time I realized a couple things I didn't notice in the past

There are basically only a couple story lines repeated over the series.

They bring something back an artifact/ object with no due diligence and chaos erupts
They get infected with a disease/virus as generally no type of isolation gear is worn when they go thru the gate.
They get caught by the Go'uld and have to escape.

It gets a bit tedious. The SG-1 team does not seem to learn too well from past experience. I find myself yelling at the TV "Don't touch that" or "No leave the damn thing there".
I pretty much have Hulu as well, just to be able to watch the Stargate shows. If they would allow the Stargate Command as a channel on Roku, I would probably drop Hulu, and go with that, just because they have all of the shows as well, as well as the movies.

You do have to suspend some disbelief when watching, was thinking just the other night how come every world they visit speaks English, but I try not to let that get in the way of watching the show. I like it most when they focus on the problem at hand at the time, whether it be the Go'auld, the Ori, or to a lesser degree, The Lucien Alliance. The independent shows, the ones that don't advance the story line, those are the ones that I could do without, and I find myself usually skipping those, although there are only a few that I've skipped.

Back