• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Streaming question...........

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
Ok, my smartphone has an HDMI port on it and it got me to thinking....

With streaming from ESPN3 and other sites, does this mean I could get HD or near HD quality if I hook up my phone to my TV? What about a laptop with HDMI ports?

Yesfan70 said:
Ok, my smartphone has an HDMI port on it and it got me to thinking....

With streaming from ESPN3 and other sites, does this mean I could get HD or near HD quality if I hook up my phone to my TV? What about a laptop with HDMI ports?

This is the cable I use with my tablet. HDMI to mini HDMI.

41cFrPUsG8L.jpg

Rope

The picture from a laptop will probably be significantly better than the phone. It's about the graphics processing power of the device.

The end PQ results will be reliant on the processing of the signal from the device. This example is processed by the REON chip set in my pre/pro, then the display.

Rope

Attachments

• PICT0384.JPG
    PICT0384.JPG
    929.7 KB · Views: 388
  • PICT0385.JPG
    PICT0385.JPG
    980.4 KB · Views: 388
Towen7 said:
The picture from a laptop will probably be significantly better than the phone. It's about the graphics processing power of the device.

That's why I was asking about a laptop. Even though my wife's laptops lacks HDMI, I intend on having one with HDMI when I upgrade.

Thanks for posting those pic Rope. I'm assuming the bottom one was with the cellphone?

Yesfan70 said:
Towen7 said:

That's why I was asking about a laptop. Even though my wife's laptops lacks HDMI, I intend on having one with HDMI when I upgrade.

Thanks for posting those pic Rope. I'm assuming the bottom one was with the cellphone?

Both from Acer Iconia tablet connected via HDMI to Onkyo 885.

You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but depending on the scaling prowess of the display gear, you can come awful close.

Rope

Rope said:
...You can't make a silk purse from a sows ear, but depending on the scaling prowess of the display gear, you can come awful close.

Rope

Yeah, I'm not expecting the quality I see on my Panny plasma, but just another way to watch TV in another room without a TV.

Even if it's good for SD, I'll take it.

Depending on the phones screen resolution, you may be pleasantly surprised.

Rope

Back