• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Hobbit Trilogy

Huey

Famous
We've watched all 3 movies this last week, and thought that they were all pretty good. I have some questions that I'll ask in the next post, so spoilers ahead if you haven't seen the last movie.

Spoilers......

Whatever happens to the archenstone? Something that seems so valuable to everybody, and then just is never mentioned again.

With the killing of Thoren, and I think the other two were his nephews, either way, I think it was mentioned that they were in line for the throne, who becomes king of the dwarves?

And finally, is the lonely mountain what becomes Mordor?

All in all, we enjoyed the series, and my wife and I were both really looking forward to seeing the last one yesterday. I do feel they used the same formula in making these as they did The Lord of the Rings.

And did anybody else recognize the Wood Elf king as Lee Pace from Pushing Daisies? After watching the second movie this week, his face was familiar, but I couldn't place him until I looked it up on IDBM, and also see he was Ronan from the Guardian of the Galaxy movie.

:text-bump:
I just finished the Hobbit. Is there any news about another trilogy or something ? Thats not the end........right ?

Barney said:
:text-bump:
I just finished the Hobbit. Is there any news about another trilogy or something ? Thats not the end........right ?
I'm no Tolkien expert, but there's only a slim chance that there's more to come. The Hobbit (1937) and The Lord of the Rings (1954-55) were the only two books about that universe that he published during his lifetime. After his death the related (ie. set in the same universe) The Silmarillion (1977) was completed and released by his son. Whether there is "movie quality" material there to work with, I do not know. From the little I know, it's basically about the history of what led up to the universe that we encounter in the first two books.

Personally I'm not looking for more. The Hobbit movies left me with a certain feeling of indigestion. I'm not interested in consuming any more of it.

Jeff

Back