• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote may finally get released!

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
I love Terry Gilliam. His refusal to play the big Hollywood studio game, his quirky style, sumptuous sets, and exaggeration of he banal has always held my interest. Like the insanely independent Orson Wells before him, Terry has been attempting to make his movie based on Don Quixote for decades, even starting production at one point only to have it fail which resulted in an award winning documentary "Lost in La Mancha".

Well, it appears he will finally release his movie sometime soon, and I am looking forward to it.

https://consequenceofsound.net/2018/04/trailer-for-terry-gilliams-the-man-who-killed-don-quixote/

One of my favorite movies of all time is Brazil. I'd definitely give this one a watch.

Again, Terry's refusal to work with Hollywood and get funding from riskier and more ignorant investors has bit him in the ass. He wanted complete freedom to make this movie, as he considers it a very personal masterpiece. One risky investor promised money for a producer title, papers were signed, but the money never came through and the investor was dropped as producer and wasn't involved in the production. Now he is making hell for Terry by claiming he has signed papers making him a producer and he isn't listed in the credits or getting paid. He protested the film's participation at Cannes and is making waves for any company hoping to distribute the film.

Stupid, eh?

Again, Terry's refusal to work with Hollywood and get funding from riskier and more ignorant investors has bit him in the ass. He wanted complete freedom to make this movie, as he considers it a very personal masterpiece. One risky investor promised money for a producer title, papers were signed, but the money never came through and the investor was dropped as producer and wasn't involved in the production. Now he is making hell for Terry by claiming he has signed papers making him a producer and he isn't listed in the credits or getting paid. He protested the film's participation at Cannes and is making waves for any company hoping to distribute the film.

Stupid, eh?

Wouldn't those papers also specify the amount of funding he was supposed to provide? It seems like non-performance on his part would be an issue for him in that dispute.

Wouldn't those papers also specify the amount of funding he was supposed to provide? It seems like non-performance on his part would be an issue for him in that dispute.

It hasn't been adjudicated legally, he is making claims and the industry is backing off until some authority decides if his claims are valid.

Stupid, eh?
And Terry has now lost the rights to the movie to the producer. LINK

And Terry has now lost the rights to the movie to the producer. LINK

Good God!

The drama around this film is more entertaining than any film has ever been. I wonder if, in fact, this whole "Terry Gilliam and his Don Quixiote" is really an extremely elaborate multiyear performance piece.

I have been a Terry Gilliam fan ever since Time Bandits and I have closely followed his career. He's been trying to make this movie since the early 1990s and has run into problems and encountered so many false starts it was starting to look crazy. He started production with Johnny Depp starring in it 20 years ago and it shut down after only a few scenes were shot and his actor playing Don Quixote shortly after that died of testicular cancer. That experience was captured in an award winning student documentary called "Lost in La Mancha" which I have watched many times. I've followed Terry's attempts to get financing to start again, as well as get stars to act in it, ever since. What a crazy and repeatedly failed mission!!!!

Back