• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The USAF F-15 has a Thrust-to-Weight Ratio of 1.04

That was awesome! And I'm thrilled the soundtrack did NOT include "Danger Zone".

Super cool video and a killer aircraft.

Reminds me of my 21st Tac Fighter Wing days. The firehouse sat right on the flightline and the 21TFW had a test pilot that would test fly a different aircraft every Friday at 1500 hrs.

We got an airshow every Friday afternoon. It was very cool and I watched every Friday without fail.

Then Friday night it was Miami Vice in the TV room with smoked salmon or some other really cool snack. Damn that was a great time.

Zing said:
Randy said:
Reminds me of my 21st Tac Fighter Wing days.
TAC sucks! SAC's where it's at! :teasing-tease:

It was Elmendorf AFB so it was actually AAC at the time. I just saw the other day where PACAF and AAC merged. I didnt know that. The 21 TFW was assigned there. I was not in TAC. That is where my brother spent his whole career. No thanks.

When I left Alaska I got SACumsized and went to Ellsworth AFB.

I really wanted to go to MAC but that didn't happen.

Wuz gonna jump in and show how Systems Command wiped you both, but mebbe I'll just read my Popular Mechanics and go to bed. :shifty:

Very cool video.

There is just something about that plane. I don't know what it is. When I was a kid the F15 had me fascinated. Even after mode advanced, maneuverable, and faster planes were in the air the F15 was/is the king of cool.

if I remember right, the F15 was a Texas built General Dynamics fighter jet.

Zing said:
Barney said:
if I remember right, the F15 was a Texas built General Dynamics fighter jet.
McDonnell Douglas

Yup, McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) product, built right here in St. Louis. You can see the factory pretty clearly right next to Lambert-St. Louis You Can't Get There From Here Anymore, So Suck It Up And Enjoy Your Connecting Flight Airport.

The F-15 production line is winding down, though (the Saudis have what is the last order, I believe), but they're still making the Super Hornet here.

Dear Santa -
I could really, really, really use a AC-130 Gunship this Christmas and I promise to put it to good use.

Rope

*EDIT*
BTW, Santa if you come across a couple F-14 Tomcats in ur military bone-yard I could certainly use them to fly interferance for my AC-130.

The 4th Fighter Wing gets stood up here at Hill either this or next week, one of the first F-35 Wings; will post an article when it comes up.
The -35's canopy is hinged at the front,

main-qimg-5b778bf96e9c495d9f2f0abce4c9d832

...and I'd love to read up on how the ejection system works in that bird, having worked ejection systems for almost 10 years.

Botch said:
...and I'd love to read up on how the ejection system works in that bird, having worked ejection systems for almost 10 years.

Given how expensive everything else has turned out with that thing and how capabilities promised seem to not be here yet, I'd anticipate "Insert $5 to initiate ejection sequence" to be part of it.

Back