• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Trouble with receiver

Nufan

Okay peeps I need you help.

I go the Marantz NR1403 and have everything running to it (cable, xbox, ps3) However...My Chromecast is plugged into the TV and my smart tv apps like Pandora, Netflix, etc. all come from the TV.
I can't get audio from the tv to to the receiver. There is an optical audio out on the tv and an optical audio in on the receiver but the source is what I cannot find to switch it to?

If it's not labeled, you probably need to assign the optical input to your desired setting (CD, TV, VCR, etc...)

Are you using the optical or are you using HDMI?

If you are using HDMI it should be no issue providing one of your HDMI inputs on your TV has (Audio Return Channel) ARC. I had to use HDMI input 2 because that was the only one with ARC.

Any reason why you didn't connect the Chromecast directly to the receiver? Your receiver has 6 HDMI ins.

Batman said:
If it's not labeled, you probably need to assign the optical input to your desired setting (CD, TV, VCR, etc...)
His receiver has only one optical input and it is labeled TV Audio. All he has to do is press the TV Audio button on his remote (assuming he has enabled optical audio out in the TV audio settings)

Randy said:
Are you using the optical or are you using HDMI?

If you are using HDMI it should be no issue providing one of your HDMI inputs on your TV has (Audio Return Channel) ARC. I had to use HDMI input 2 because that was the only one with ARC.

I will look into that.

For now I ran an Optical from tv to receiver and turned that channel "on" it works that way. I just changed the 'media player' input from HDMI to optical. If I need that source input on the future I will look more into the ARC.

Thanks all!

or you can use the source (cable box) to send the signal directly to the AVR, while having the HDMI still connected to your tv. this is how i used to do it with my older AVR, which didnt allow passthrough.

glad to see you got it covered!

Back