• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Tube rollin!

walls

Picked up a pair of Mullard ef92's and a pair of Mullard CV4015's, gonna roll them with my stock Edison driver tubes and see what I get. All the reading I have done (on Heah-fi) suggests that the 4015's are the best sounding tubes for my Little DotII++ but that the EF92's are more "tube sounding".

Gonna be fun!!

Cool! THat's kinda fun, another one of those audio things that can drive you crazy if you let it... I did some rolling with my Jade tube amp, and it's got two different tubes... trying all combinations of the tubes I got was a long process, but it was interesting to see whether I could really hear any difference - and I could, with very careful listening, at least a little.

I gave quick listen to the 4015,s and there is a definate difference between them and the stock chinese cheapies. Bass was much more defined withoujt losing depth which I liked a lot but the highs are a tad rough.

walls said:
Picked up a pair of Mullard ef92's and a pair of Mullard CV4015's, gonna roll them with my stock Edison driver tubes and see what I get. All the reading I have done (on Heah-fi) suggests that the 4015's are the best sounding tubes for my Little DotII++ but that the EF92's are more "tube sounding".

Gonna be fun!!

Is jade still around?

I don't think so, though you might be able to find one show up used occasionally. The designer of the Jade (a Chinese gent) used to hang around Head-Fi, but I haven't seen him for a long time. I've had mine for I guess around 3-4 years, and it's still working great.

Back