• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Upscale Audio's Kevin Deal spews false tropes mixed with good advice

Agreed, we (as consumers) just don't know how much Beryllium rubs off if handling it, I've always been kind of surprised speaker makers would use it in products we use in our home. (E.g. if you have kids and they poke the tweeter, etc.)

Back when Usher speakers was one of the first to start using Be tweeters, I wasn't sure how to feel about that since I was considering buying their higher end bookshelf model.

Out of curiosity, do you think there's any concern with Be being dispersed in a home from a tweeter's normal usage? Tweeters can vibrate quite fast after all...

Most of the "pure" Be tweeters have grills on them to protect the consumer and they come with very clear and bold warnings about what to do if the domes break. The Be coated membrane tweeters are less likely to be an issue as most of those are very stable and contain very little pure Be.

In fact, one of the reasons pure Be tweeters took so long to get to market was the careful consideration of the consumer safety. Since the Focal tweeters are not protected with a screen, I wonder if they either coat the surface with a light layer of lacquer, or similar? I once saw a prototype Be tweeter which has a single layer of 24 carat gold on the surface to protect the consumer.

I don't know, but I do know care should always be taken when handling highly toxic materials. That bozo on the videos is out of his mind.

Back