• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Very Cool Museum

They had a number of holy grail movie artifacts. Mostly classic monster/horror Vincent Price was a friend and donated a lot of masks, costumes, props, etc. But also some newer era items.

IMG_5607.jpeg

I just checked out the museum website and watched the video. It looks like it would be a fun way to spend a couple hours if I didn't live two and a half hours away. I don't have any family or friends left in CT, so I never go there unless I'm driving through on my way somewhere else.

They have the actual fully functional Emerac machine prop from The Fly it was donated by Mark Hamill a friend of the museum.

I don't have any family or friends left in CT
What am I chopped liver?

:bouncygrin:

It's a small museum the whole tour was like 30-40min. But it's full of great stuff. Maybe not worth a special trip at your distance but if you are ever passing through let me know I'm about 40min south of there. They have odd hours so check ahead and/or book a tour reservation.

I'd love to meet up some time. You're somewhere around New Haven, right?

My best friend grew up in Putnam, CT and I used to visit him there back in the 90s. My Dad lived in Ridgefield, CT in the 80s, but moved to MA in 1990. My step-father's siblings and families all lived down around Norwich, Jewett City, and Canterbury. We visited several times a year when I was a kid, but most of them moved away or died since. I spent a fair amount of time in that state in the 80s and 90s, but not much since other than driving through. CT and VT are the only New England states I have not lived in and I can probably count the days I've spent in VT on my fingers with a few to spare.

Back