• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Very cool speaker build video!

And damn that guy can lay a straight line with that glue gun thingy.

Thanks Randy. That type of thing is really-impressive to me especially as skills such as that are non existent.

I tried caulking a bathtub several years ago - one of the saddest and most embarrassing experiences in my life.

Thanks Randy. That type of thing is really-impressive to me especially as skills such as that are non existent.

I tried caulking a bathtub several years ago - one of the saddest and most embarrassing experiences in my life.

I feel your pain brother. I used to be able to caulk fairly well when I was doing a lot of home repair work on the side. The last time I tried doing it, it looked like someone who had never seen a tube of caulk did it.

I feel your pain brother. I used to be able to caulk fairly well when I was doing a lot of home repair work on the side. The last time I tried doing it, it looked like someone who had never seen a tube of caulk did it.

Well at least at one time in your life you could do it . I am plagued with consistency can't do it now and never could.

Damn..........

It's all about having the right tools.

That Cross-over that he put in that speaker was massive!!

Thanks for posting Randy!

Posted List Price reported back in 2017 was $15,500.

Damn..........

It's all about having the right tools.

That Cross-over that he put in that speaker was massive!!

Thanks for posting Randy!

Posted List Price reported back in 2017 was $15,500.

i wasn't familiar with the brand. I've heard of Model speakers but not those. For 15K I hope they are good. The guy and finish looked impeccable.

Loved watching the whole process. Just perfection. DAMN those voice coils and cross-overs are HUGE!!!!!!
Not familiar with the brand but would love to hear it. I was a bit surprised no baffles inside the cabinet, and I wonder how much silica/sand they filled it with, and where did go?
Great post, thanks!

Loved watching the whole process. Just perfection. DAMN those voice coils and cross-overs are HUGE!!!!!!
Not familiar with the brand but would love to hear it. I was a bit surprised no baffles inside the cabinet, and I wonder how much silica/sand they filled it with, and where did go?
Great post, thanks!

I wondered the same thing.

This is a pretty well worn video... I've seen it posted dozens of times on various audio nerd social media sites.

It is a good design, in general. That particular manufacturing process is surprisingly complex and slow, but I imagine the typical build is an assembly line approach. I believe the guy building that speaker in the video is likely the designer showing how each step in the process works.

The double wall is cool. They are not addressing the idea of flexing walls (which lowers bass efficiency), but they are addressing vibrations (which improves waterfall and decay performance). Overall, it is a good design. The midrange drivers are insanely gorgeous, and look awfully similar to those from ATC and others which are incredibly good sounding. Same for the tweeter. As for the woofer, I have no idea.

Being hand made in Switzerland makes these a solid 2x more expensive to deliver to buyer than a similar design hand made in China or Indonesia. As such, while I am certain it sounds great, dollar for dollar there are other brands that can sound just as good for less money.

Back