• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Water fun with Subwoofers

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Cool! :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap: :eusa-clap:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uENITui5_jU[/youtube]

Razz said:
wow...
I've got to see that in person!

It wouldn't be nearly as interesting (unless you can consistently blink 24 times per second, give or take a blink per second).

Right.... this is an effectt of the camera's shutter speed. In person you would see only a stream of swirling (but always falling) water at a rate of 32 feet per second per second. It would not appear static, or going backwards, etc.

CM, you owe me laundry bill. Thanks to you, it's all over my pants and floor. :angry-tappingfoot:

Towen7 said:
Right.... this is an effectt of the camera's shutter speed. In person you would see only a stream of swirling (but always falling) water at a rate of 32 feet per second per second. It would not appear static, or going backwards, etc.
You're gonna hate me for allowing my engineer inner-self out for a bit but...

...that is true in a vacuum, but air resistance (friction) will have an effect - even more so in a swirling pattern where the stream is broken into individual "pockets" of water.

Jeff

ps. As more of an experimentalist than theorist I decided to act on DIYer's implied suggestion. So I i) drank a two-fer of Canadian; ii) took my PB13 Ultra and installed it on the garage roof; iii) fed it an 18Hz signal playing at 118dB; iv) sat on it bareass naked; and v) relieved myself. What an amazing effect! Didn't get a chance to shoot any video before the cops arrived, but trust me you should all try this at home!

Those Canadians sure know how to have a good time.

JeffMackwood said:

...that is true in a vacuum, but air resistance (friction) will have an effect - even more so in a swirling pattern where the stream is broken into individual "pockets" of water.

Jeff
:text-thankyoublue:

ps. As more of an experimentalist than theorist I decided to act on DIYer's implied suggestion. So I i) drank a two-fer of Canadian; ii) took my PB13 Ultra and installed it on the garage roof; iii) fed it an 18Hz signal playing at 118dB; iv) sat on it bareass naked; and v) relieved myself. What an amazing effect! Didn't get a chance to shoot any video before the cops arrived, but trust me you should all try this at home!

Only a two-fer? :laughing-rolling:

JeffMackwood said:
Towen7 said:

...that is true in a vacuum, but air resistance (friction) will have an effect

Of course. I just thought it'd be easier to say that instead of having to calculate for the variables of air temp, pressure, wind, angle of descent....

Towen7 said:
JeffMackwood said:
Towen7 said:

...that is true in a vacuum, but air resistance (friction) will have an effect

Of course. I just thought it'd be easier to say that instead of having to calculate for the variables of air temp, pressure, wind, angle of descent....

Sissy.
:teasing-tease:

Back