• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which is better Streaming Bluray player or streaming device

Re: Which is better Streaming Bluray player or streaming dev

The Roku has wifi, that's how mine is connected to the net (not hardwired). I don't know if it connects via wifi to a remote, however.

I have a Roku 3 and I use my URC to control it via IR w/o issue. The Rokus can certainly be controlled via IR (I've also programmed remotes for customers also).

Now, if the Logitech database you can access with your Harmony doesn't have the commands for the Roku, that's a different issue. Worst case scenario is that you may have to learn commands from a different remote.

John

Logitech provides code for ROKU.

Rope

Matt's comment pf "My Harmony remotes are too old and are only supported on Harmony's old website which Roku doesn't recognize" may mean that the "old" site doesn't have codes for new devices such as the Roku.

John

Using the old Harmony software, I added a new Media Center PC, selected -not listed- as the manufacturer, entered 'Roku' when prompted, then entered '3' as the model number. It changed the model to Roku 3 XS and there were default buttons setup including soft buttons for Crackle, Netflix, etc. Not saying it'll work but probably worth a shot...

EDIT: Select DVD as the device type and Roku will be in the list of manufacturers...

I already tried that Chuck (using DVD and selecting Roku 3) it is in the old Harmony site where my remote is listed but still won't work. The new Harmony site works the Roku but my remote isn't listed as supported.....go figure.

It's okay I'm just using the Roku remote along with my Harmony. I hit watch Movie and everything turns on then I just have to hit any button on the Roku to wake it up. You know first world problems while laying in my ultra comfy bed having the audacity to have to pick up another remote while people are starving.

Was funny last night the GF walks in and says we have nothing recorded on our DVR so we have nothing to watch. I'm like we have 1465 Blurays stored on Vudu have Hulu Plus and Netflix and she's complaining we have nothing to watch.

Back