• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which song hurts just right?

Akula

Famous
I saw this meme and it got me to thinking:
3fcd574011479f1a732494f15378694ea6dd0ec37646100a1ac74617848313ba_1.jpg
Which song(s) leave a mark like that on you? You know, the ones that, when they're almost over, you want to hear again just so it cuts you that little bit more?

For me, I'd say (in no particular order)...
Joe Bonamassa, "Different Shades of Blue"

Richie Sambora, "One Light Burning"

Logan Mize, "Better Off Gone" (acoustic)

Dire Straits, "Romeo and Juliet"

What do you have for this?

The one that comes immediately to my mind for this is:

im curious, when you say hurt, meaning its supposed to make you cringe at a certain life event?

i thought id ask before i put in my 2 cents.

my initial reaction is, these are songs that pinch your heart when you least expected it.

my favorite one is randy travis, 3 wooden crosses

if not that, its this one from lonestar, im already there...

i dont want to get into too much of the after effects of the service, just the fact that being away from your family serving your country is very difficult.

my initial reaction is, these are songs that pinch your heart when you least expected it.
It's that one. The songs that just grab you, and maybe because of previous life events or whatever, they just hit different. They may be sad songs, but for your own reasons they just hit in a way that dredges up some old feelings, and mixed with life in the meantime, it's a good kind of hurt.

It's that one. The songs that just grab you, and maybe because of previous life events or whatever, they just hit different. They may be sad songs, but for your own reasons they just hit in a way that dredges up some old feelings, and mixed with life in the meantime, it's a good kind of hurt.
then i guess i'll have to find some good ones in the back of the closet..

brad paisley songs - when i get where im going, then, letter to me... some of his songs hit just right like they're 90's country.

but man, that lonestar song hits hard.

One that has always hit me right in the gut is A Thousand Hours by The Cure.

Back