• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

WOW vs Comcast

Huey

Famous
Thinking about switching to one of these providers, anybody have any input on either one of them? I found reviews on WOW, and most of them were average at best, but usually the only people who post reviews are doing so to bitch anyways. I currently have DTV for tv, and U-Verse for internet, and that comes to about $175 per month.

Wow quoted me price of $97, good until January 2016, with no contract. I didn't call comcast, but from their website it looks like a similar package, although I don't think as many channels, would be about $25 higher, but requires a 2 year contract.

Just curious if any of you guys have any input on the quality or reliability of either service.

Comcast's picture quality is pretty terrible. I also had bad experience with their customer service. Also the bill was higher than they initially told me. Just a bad experience with them overall.
I know nothing about WOW. Not available in my area.

lulimet said:
Comcast's picture quality is pretty terrible. I also had bad experience with their customer service. Also the bill was higher than they initially told me. Just a bad experience with them overall.

Thanks Lulimet. I'm leaning towards WOW, but I'm guessing they are both going to have similar picture qualities. I do see the WOW trucks around town all the time, so they must be doing something right.

KomKrap's picture quality, here at least, is excellent. High speed internet access is a cut above and dayum near goes uninterrupted. They're not the most inexpensive service provider, however if you have an issue they will address your concerns.

Rope

Huey said:
lulimet said:

Thanks Lulimet. I'm leaning towards WOW, but I'm guessing they are both going to have similar picture qualities. I do see the WOW trucks around town all the time, so they must be doing something right.

I switched from DirecTV for TV and Comcast for Internet to WOW a year ago now waiting for contract to run out so I can change back. WOW has been nothing but low quality and problems. You probably see trucks because they are making service calls to fix problems.

Thanks for the input ccskier and Rope. I was hoping you guys would say that WOW was great, as I really hate making decisions like this, but I guess I need to call Comcast and see what they can do for me. Thanks again.

Well, I may not have much of a choice. Comcast and others are not available in my town, still searching, but it looks like it's either I stay with DirecTV and U-Verse or switch to WOW. Not sure what to do at this point.

No interest in U-Verse for tv as well? Just curious... If it were available to me I'd move from DSL to U-Verse for internet but stick with Dish Network.

I had forgotten that they did tv as well Chuck. I'll have to check that out, and might be easier since I'm already a customer.

There's no way you can get FIOS where Uverse is offered and vice versa.

The two products are delivered, monitored, and maintained using infrastructure that began with their telco businesses which were regulated to have a single provider in each territory. Deregulation only required the telcos to allow CLECs to re-sell POTS. In order for Verizon to offer FIOS in an AT&T territory (or vice versa) would require them to build an entirely new network door to door, which would be insanely expensive. It not like building a cell tower and essentially connecting it to their existing network.

Back