• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Xbox Live users get WatchESPN app

Towen7

Staff member
The app allows you to view all ESPN networks on the xBox or portible device but you need to be an ESPN subscriber through a cable or SAT provider...

:text-link:

After too long spent with just ade­quate ESPN con­tent on Xbox Live, users can now get the full deal with the Watch­ES­PN app. The app pro­vides cov­er­age of all ESPN chan­nels, as well as a vari­ety of other offer­ings, includ­ing high­lights and replays. This comes after it was orig­i­nal­ly announced this past sum­mer.

Users can now watch ESPN, ESPN2, ESPN3, ESPNU, Buzzer Beat­er, and Goal Line. Fea­tures include split screen, my sports, mini guide, con­trol via Kinect, inter­ac­tive ESPN Bot­tom­Line, and reminders. Con­tent can be watched in high-definition, includ­ing high­lights and replays, while the entire sys­tem can be con­trolled with voice and motion.

The Split Screen fea­ture allows users to watch two games at once, or to split the con­tent up, such as a game in one win­dow and high­lights in anoth­er. Both screens can be con­trolled inde­pen­dent of each other, such as paus­ing one screen while you ded­i­cate your atten­tion to the other. The con­trol­ling can be done via Kinect, allow­ing you to go hands-free.

Next up is the Mini Guide, which gives users sports con­tent pre­views and quick access at the bot­tom of the screen, mak­ing it easy to tog­gle between games. Break­ing news is deliv­ered via Bot­tom­Line, which includes live alerts. Reminders are also tossed into the mix, allow­ing users to tag games and set up reminders."

Just rub it in Towen :eek:bscene-buttred: . But I do wonder why anyone would watch ESPN off their xbox since they have to pay a provider (DSS or Cable or Uverse or etc) for ESPN ? You don't get those channels with your payed provider ? If not, what are you paying for ? So now you have to pay Time Warner Cable (for programing & internet) & Microsoft for xbox gold...it never will end.
I'll keep my free OTA. I have no need for 300 channels that I won't watch & pay for equipment I won't own, pay rent & ins for the equipment that I won't own, ...........
Maybe someday we can just pay for ESPN streaming (but since Walt Disney owns it....it'll be too expensive....) :violin:

A lot of people have Xboxes where they dont have a regular STB. The app also provides functions that "regular" ESPN doesn't, like split screens.

lulimet said:
I always tell people that the ESPN app alone makes paying for xbox live worth it.
How much do you pay (including taxes. rental, ins etc) for your programming sub ?

I have the phone/internet/tv bundle with Verizon Fios. $130 a month and that includes the 3 STBs.

lulimet said:
I have the phone/internet/tv bundle with Verizon Fios. $130 a month and that includes the 3 STBs.
Time Warner Cable has the digital phone/internet(10Mbs)/tv bundle for close to $100(plus rental fees for STB's & taxes). But this is the introductry price, after a year, goes to full price which is alot more than you are paying. DirecTV & Dish have the same kind-of-deals (3 months etc). When the full price kicks in................get ready, they place their hands on your shoulders, don't kiss the back of your neck, & pound it to you.
I pray Fios is different for you.
My Time Warner Cable turbo Roadrunner internet (20Mbs) was $29.99 a month.............after a year, went to full price last year to $63.23 & I get a $5 discount after calling. Starting this month it went-up again...$67.53.

My price is the 2 year agreement price. It will go up after two years, but what I do is call them to return the equipment at the end of the last month of the contract and call them again 2 or 3 days after I drop them, and they give me a new deal as a new customer.

Back