• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaker time

Can you play some music through them, record it through a mic to tape, digitize it, upload it to YouTube, and then post the link so I can play it through my computer monitors to see how great they sound?

Jeff

ps. Great job!

Yes, please do. I really want to here how well they sound.

I took the speakers to a meeting of the River City Audio Society yesterday. Everyone LOVED them. It was held in our local audio/video dealer's meeting room. The sales manager came in for a listen and said he needed to get a pair in the store. They are a Klipsch dealer.

20170617.jpg

Those look amazing!

If you don't mind me asking, how much did all of the materials run roughly?

Now an interesting question, back in the day Flint used some heavy felt to remove some of the cabinet reflections. The larger face of the baffle, would some Felt help to reduce some undesirable effects? Oh and yes, Nice job, You suck.

Now an interesting question, back in the day Flint used some heavy felt to remove some of the cabinet reflections. The larger face of the baffle, would some Felt help to reduce some undesirable effects? Oh and yes, Nice job, You suck.

These are great looking speakers!

The felt was specifically to address the issue of midrange off a dome (or ribbon) tweeter which radiates to the side, and thus running over the surface of the baffle, reaching the edge of the speaker cabinet and causing diffraction sources which can blur, or smear, the sound - making it less realistic and accurate. A felt ring around a dome which is flush mounted on a flat baffle of a cabinet with sharp edges can reduce the diffraction issue - and it is simple and cheap.

Horn midrange and tweeter drivers, as used in this design, do not radiate 180 degrees to the sides and thus won't be improved with a felt ring around them. So, no need for felt on the baffle.

Back