• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Game of Thrones - SPOILER THREAD

Reading the wiki page on Rhaegar and Jon, it does seem as it seems or has been hinted at. I had forgotten about the castle scene. Although the way they are looking at each other, I can't believe they would do another incest plot.

Reading the wiki page on Rhaegar and Jon, it does seem as it seems or has been hinted at. I had forgotten about the castle scene. Although the way they are looking at each other, I can't believe they would do another incest plot.

If you go back to the books or even the early seasons, you would find that the entire Targaryen dynasty was based on incest.

Actually if you go back in our world's history many of the ruling dynastys of the past were based on incest. Just look at the European gang during Queen Victoria's rule..There was a reason they all called QV Grandma.

Actually they felt it made for purity in the family line, of course they didn't think about pesky things like hemophilia and madness resulting.

I didn't see it in the episode, but there are a few people who are losing their minds about maybe the eyes on Jon's sword blinking as he is climbing out of the lake. The article I read stated that they thought it was something about his gloves reflecting in the eyes.

^ I just watched that clip, I see what they're talking about and it looks like reflections to me.

Here's a breakdown of the scene, as well as additional scenes of the sword. I would say it was a reflection as well, but when he puts his glove on the ice, it's on the opposite side of the eye that "changes". The video also shows other scenes with the sword, and the eyes are always dark, not opaque like when it's laying on the ice. I don't know if it means anything at all, but at the very least, somebody in the know must have leaked it to build speculation, as I don't see how anybody would have caught that, unless watching it very slowly, although there are those would probably do that.

Anyone else a bit bothered about the "time/travel" situation especially in the latest episode?

Bastard Barathean is able to run the distance from the fight with the undead back to the wall gate at what must be tremendous speed (despite the whole group taking quite a bit of time to travel the same distance), then what must be the fastest raven ever flies from the Wall to Dragonstone to get Dany's help and then the dragons fly from Dragonstone to the fight in what appears to be record time. Either the actual time on the frozen lake lasted a lot longer than appears (time compressed for sake of the episode) or them were some fast assed runners/flyers.

They were less than a one day walk from the wall, burdened with gear. Eastwatch is right on the ocean on the same coast Dragonstone is off. Dragons are fast.

Anyone else a bit bothered about the "time/travel" situation especially in the latest episode?

Bastard Barathean is able to run the distance from the fight with the undead back to the wall gate at what must be tremendous speed (despite the whole group taking quite a bit of time to travel the same distance), then what must be the fastest raven ever flies from the Wall to Dragonstone to get Dany's help and then the dragons fly from Dragonstone to the fight in what appears to be record time. Either the actual time on the frozen lake lasted a lot longer than appears (time compressed for sake of the episode) or them were some fast assed runners/flyers.
In short no.....maybe it's because I'm so into the comic movie genre that I've been able to suspend my disbelief more often than not with movies and tv unless it's blatantly ridiculous. Like bordering on "Sharknado" ridiculous.

In the end "bother" was probably too strong a word. In the end it is no big deal. Probably should have used the word "notice"

I mentioned above about how the ice was too thin to support the undead one minute, after being frozen for a long time, but within a day it had froze enough to support them. Maybe they were stuck there longer than a day, allowing Gendry to make it back to the Wall? And who else here thought the Hound was a fucking moron for throwing the rocks at them?

I did think that about the ice when watching but if you go back initially the "horde" of undead go across the ice "en mass" concentrating the weight on the ice but after the Hound threw the rock they went across the ice more spread out thus distributing the weight on the ice more evenly.

probably not a the best explanation but like Bats said it is a good fun story and being picky about such things just takes away from the enjoyment of the story.

I did think that about the ice when watching but if you go back initially the "horde" of undead go across the ice "en mass" concentrating the weight on the ice but after the Hound threw the rock they went across the ice more spread out thus distributing the weight on the ice more evenly.

probably not a the best explanation but like Bats said it is a good fun story and being picky about such things just takes away from the enjoyment of the story.
Yeah, I agree. If we really want to get critical, let's talk about where they got those big chains and who hooked them up to the dragon? And that's more of a rhetorical question that I'm not really looking for an answer for.

I don't want to spoil anything, but based on a picture I saw, at least one of those things happens in tonights episode.

You almost have to think that there is something big that is going to happen tonight. The dragon turning last week was pretty big, but I don't think it was as big as some of the other shocks that have happened in past seasons.

^ must....resist....reading......link....

Bats, there aren't really any spoilers in it, just some questions and an array of possible outcomes. I don't care to read anything that may contain spoilers either.

So......I need to rewatch, been having trouble sleeping past 4 in the morning and usually crash about 10, but was able to stay up for the show, although a few parts I was nodding off in.

I kept reading all week that they thought the Night King had set a trap for Jon, and with the ease the dragon took down the wall, I would say they were right. Littlefinger finally got what he deserved.

A couple of times this season, I almost felt like Cersai was being made to somewhat look like the Night King. Even when they all meet last night, she was wearing black, had short hair and a small crown, maybe she and the Night King are the fire and ice of the show?

Came across this picture. Can't verify that it's him, but it does look like a young George RR Martin. GOT.jpg

Back