• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Interesting Bluetooth Adapter/Amp/Cable for Shure and Westone IEMs

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
Made by Westone, the MMCX Bluetooth Cable, 78548, appears to be very interesting concept for owners of higher end IEMs. Given my love for Shure IEMs and my second love with Westone IEMs, I am eager to see this solution in action.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01H3XS2ZQ?psc=1

It is a cable replacement for Shure and Westone IEMs (and a few others), a Bluetooth wireless adapter, amplifier, and microphone for calls all in one sleek package. At $150 it isn't cheap, but it solves so many issue associated with using high end IEMs with modern phones.

If I didn't already own the Audio Technica Bluetooth headphone Amp AT-PHA50BT, I would buy this thing and put it through the paces.

What do you think of this thing?

I need to do a one-time rip of bunch of old LPs to digital. Most of this music is out of print, so it is the only option I've got. I don't want to drop a huge pile of money on a super-nice turntable, but I also don't want the end result to sound like crap. Any suggestions on affordable options for doing this?

I need to do a one-time rip of bunch of old LPs to digital. Most of this music is out of print, so it is the only option I've got. I don't want to drop a huge pile of money on a super-nice turntable, but I also don't want the end result to sound like crap. Any suggestions on affordable options for doing this?

Did you mean to put this in a thread about a integrated Bluetooth IEM cable?

Send me your list. If I don't have it in my collection (MP3@320kbps) I likely could find it within minutes. Since you already own the LPs I'd have no problem putting it all onto a disc and mailing it to you. Saves the cost of a turntable! Plus it would come with all the metadata - which is typically a pain to amass when you go the turntable to digital route.

Unfortunately, any turntable/cartridge which doesn't sound like crap will likely cost more than you would want to spend for a one-off like this.

I recommend you find someone with a good rig, or a professional, to do the conversion for you.

Maybe I an find a deal on a turntable on Craigslist.
If vinyl wasn't the happening thing right now, I'm sure there would be zillions of second hand turntables around. If you do find one, just make sure the cartridge/stylus isn't worn out. You'll need a pocket microscope to look at the stylus, but fortunately the microscopes are cheap; the stylus may be unobtanium though.

And of course, if your receiver/preamp doesn't have a phono input, you'll need one of those, preferably one with a USB output.

You could buy a pre-setup turntable solution from Rega, Pro-Ject, or similar and a preamp and audio card to rip the music, then sell the whole rig used "as new."

You could buy a pre-setup turntable solution from Rega, Pro-Ject, or similar and a preamp and audio card to rip the music, then sell the whole rig used "as new."

That is not a bad idea. I have to rip a couple hundred records. The back story is that this music belongs to my in-laws, who are getting a divorce. Rather than them arguing over which records are whose, I can just rip them all. Besides, neither of them has played any of them in years for lack of a working turntable. This solves that problem too. Most of it is either old classical or religious music (some of which is awful). The classical recordings are the reason I want something decent. A decent number are out of print and some of them are good recordings.

Send me your list. If I don't have it in my collection (MP3@320kbps) I likely could find it within minutes. Since you already own the LPs I'd have no problem putting it all onto a disc and mailing it to you. Saves the cost of a turntable! Plus it would come with all the metadata - which is typically a pain to amass when you go the turntable to digital route.

I need to do an inventory and see what I've got. Some of it is obscure religious music from the 1960s, most of which is awful. I'm ripping it for my mother-in-law, not because I want it. The rest is classical.

That is not a bad idea. I have to rip a couple hundred records. The back story is that this music belongs to my in-laws, who are getting a divorce. Rather than them arguing over which records are whose, I can just rip them all. Besides, neither of them has played any of them in years for lack of a working turntable. This solves that problem too. Most of it is either old classical or religious music (some of which is awful). The classical recordings are the reason I want something decent. A decent number are out of print and some of them are good recordings.

If you keep records of the gear's utilization, rebox them perfectly, and are patient on the sale, you could get 80% of your money back.

Back