• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Jack Ryan 4k collection

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
thought id let you all know its out already, good feedback in general.

Dont expect super duper video quality, but a more refined experience.

Its on sale right now at around 50 bucks, making the movies at around 12 bucks a piece.

I like the movies, but I don't think I own any of the movies in any format. Probably won't start with 4K either. I'm assuming Amazon is where they are sold at @jomari ?

The problem I have with most such movies is that I already own them in HD and don't really want to double-dip at the current price of doing so. I buy most new releases in 4K, but I have yet to upgrade anything in my back catalog. It just gets prohibitive with 1700 movies.

its on amazon huey, problem is it jumped back at 70 clams. too spicy fro my taste.

haywood, i also had to set myself back a bit.

this is why i have a bunch of movies i plan to repurchase later on on black friday. id love to double dip on a few, but not all movies.

sucks since i just recently got shadow recruit via amazon before the whole set came about.

My 4k disc purchases have been almost exclusively comic book or pop genre films.....occasionally I’ll pick up a “modern classic”, movies like Braveheart, Gladiator Come to mind. And of course my Chris Nolan collection is important to me. I won’t be purchasing the Jack Ryan collection most likely at any price.

I don’t purchase the streaming versions because pretty much every 4K disc comes with the UHD Digital copy anyway plus the BD. And then of course. you have the disc should you want the best possible format in an HT. So far since I’ve been buying 4K, the only studio that doesn’t give you the 4K stream with the digital copy code is Disney.

so do you purchase movies via streaming then?

I rarely purchase any movie. I pay for several streaming services and they tend to have most of the movies I want to see, often in 4K. From time to time there will be something very specific I want to watch which I can only rent or buy via a streaming service, and then I usually rent. To be honest, and I've written about it a few times in other threads, I am not that fond of the movie format for story telling. In most cases, a well written, performed and produced multi-part series where I can get into the characters, setting, and complexities of the plot are more entertaining for me. Sometimes those shows are short run special multi-part movies, like novel adaptations such as Pride and Prejudice or Endeavor, other times the shows are standard run TV shows, like Mr. Robot or Vikings.

I don’t purchase the streaming versions because pretty much every 4K disc comes with the UHD Digital copy anyway plus the BD. And then of course. you have the disc should you want the best possible format in an HT. So far since I’ve been buying 4K, the only studio that doesn’t give you the 4K stream with the digital copy code is Disney.

It definitely makes the most sense, unless you can find seriously discounted streaming codes. If you are not a high-volume movie buyer, it makes sense regardless.

I buy all my movies in digital format now have for years. Makes no sense for me to pay full price for a bluray or 4K movie when I can buy most of them between 5.00 - 10.00 for 4K. Yes the audio is only Dolby Digital Plus but my aging ears can't tell the difference anyway. My aging eyes are the same too. Yes 4K streams are not as good as an actual 4K disc but I'm more impressed with HDR then I ever am about the extra resolution. For the cost of one bluray I can buy four HDX or UHD movies on Vudu with no tax and I'm set. That and I can share with my mom and other other family members is great.

I buy all my movies in digital format now have for years. Makes no sense for me to pay full price for a bluray or 4K movie when I can buy most of them between 5.00 - 10.00 for 4K. Yes the audio is only Dolby Digital Plus but my aging ears can't tell the difference anyway. My aging eyes are the same too. Yes 4K streams are not as good as an actual 4K disc but I'm more impressed with HDR then I ever am about the extra resolution. For the cost of one bluray I can buy four HDX or UHD movies on Vudu with no tax and I'm set. That and I can share with my mom and other other family members is great.

Depending on the stream, it might even be streaming in Atmos now. Not many do, but some. And yeah- my purchases are entirely digital now too.

Back