• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

bluetooth earbuds?

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Superstar
Wife is looking for a rec for bluetooth earbuds/IEM. A friend of hers recommended Jaybird Tarah, I have no idea if they're any good for the money ($80) - anyone? Others?

616QPgC3ALL._SY550_.jpg

Thanks, yeah I'd probably trust that more... not that she really needs the greatest SQ for listening to audiobooks which is 99% of what she does, but still for $10 more the Shure looks good.

And... being Shures, there a dozen, or so, ear tips they make plus dozens of aftermarket tips she can try. If just a little effort goes into finding a great fit, she will live wearing them.

I really the fit of the Shure's Flint sold me on, thinking about upgrading to get deeper bass but will wait to AXPONA 2019. So I can try the latest models in person.

so a little bump.. kind of looking for the same thing... did you end up getting the Shures? and if so, were they good?

No, we never got the Shures, she tried something else, don't remember what, didn't work well, so she went back to corded.

If she uses and iPhone, spring for the airpods, especially now that a new model is out. I bet you can get a good deal.

Wife is looking for a rec for bluetooth earbuds/IEM. A friend of hers recommended Jaybird Tarah, I have no idea if they're any good for the money ($80) - anyone? Others?

616QPgC3ALL._SY550_.jpg

I've owned three pairs of Jaybirds and all of them had Bluetooth issues.

WIfe's phone is android (LG), though she's considered getting an iPhone at times...

Who are you and what’ve you done with Our Man Flint?

I know, I know.... While I would still never own an iPhone for my every day use, many people do own them and love them. If those folk want a good, effective, decent sounding and natural to use earphone, the Airpods are amazing. They are not the best sounding for the money. They are not the most attractive.

I didn't feel this way when they first started shipping, but I guess some firmware updates have made them so simple and well integrated and easy... it is pretty impressive.

I know, I know.... While I would still never own an iPhone for my every day use, many people do own them and love them. If those folk want a good, effective, decent sounding and natural to use earphone, the Airpods are amazing. They are not the best sounding for the money. They are not the most attractive.

I didn't feel this way when they first started shipping, but I guess some firmware updates have made them so simple and well integrated and easy... it is pretty impressive.

Are you talking about the 1st gen Airpods or 2nd gen?
I didn't care for the corded earbuds that they had -- they were super uncomfortable to me, but I suspect I have relatively small ear canals.

The Luddite got his first pair of Bluetooth earbuds. Raycon E25 Pros:

713nikylI%2BL._AC_SY355_.jpg

First off, it shouldn't take even someone stupid like me an hour and twenty minutes to connect his SiriusXM account over to his iPhone. But here we are.

:veryangry: It took me less than ten minutes to connect my Echos; the SiriusXM website was just not cooperating for getting a phone hooked up.

I started scrolling thru the Channels on my iPhone, saw a Tower of Power station, hit the Star to add it to my Favorites, and it came thru the buds (the buds linked up to my phone on their own, that was good). I then tried to scroll through more channels, the Sirius app then hooked me up to some Emo Project channel, and the app is hung up on a "Favorites" pane. Pressing the Channels tab does nothing. Pressing the "Set the channels you love here" does nothing. None of the other tabs can be clicked on. There's a strip at the bottom that shows what's playing on the "Emo Project" channel, and I can Pause/Play it. That's all, whoopee.

The buds themselves were comfortable (come with a set of five different "tips", will play with those later). They're in a battery-powered case (three bud charges from the case, 6 hours apiece), and then the case can just be set on a "qi" charging mat to refresh its battery (sad that qi pads came out just as the Thunderbunny plug came out that always goes in; the old USB plugs always required three tries to go in (how does THAT work???)). They don't have any "stem" hanging out of your ear like the Apple buds do, which looks hideous to me on TV/Zoom. They sounded a bit tinny to me, but I'll give a full critique once I get proper-sized tips installed, and get off that damn "Emo Project" channel (the online reviews were pretty favorable, sound-wise).

In the meantime, I'm going for a long walk. I may not come back. :suspicious:

Back