• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So who's got Disney + ?

I must have grown old. When I am out in nature, the last thing I ever want to see is a movie.

I must have grown old ...

You’re just figuring this out?!?!?

But seriously...

Some campers enjoy roughing it and others bring all of the comforts of home with them in their monster fifth-wheels. I’m somewhere between those extremes. I don’t need a large screen TV and a full kitchen, but I’m not interested in sleeping in a tent or pooping behind a tree.

Our RV came with a TV, powered antenna, and a DVD player. We don’t use them very often at all. Usually it takes three days or so for us to even want to and that was the case this trip too. We were rained-in on our fourth day and thought a movie would help pass the time. What always happens is that we end up doing stuff and ignoring the TV. This time we were so far from civilization that we could barely get one UHF channel.

Just discovered this morning that Home Alone is in the Disney + lineup.
God Dammit Jeff! My wife was just asking for me to look and see if that was in the Disney lineup, and I told her, without really knowing because I've seen that movie one too many times, that it wasn't a Disney movie. Maybe she will watch it without me?

God Dammit Jeff! My wife was just asking for me to look and see if that was in the Disney lineup, and I told her, without really knowing because I've seen that movie one too many times, that it wasn't a Disney movie. Maybe she will watch it without me?

:)

I ooked for it after watching a new doc on Netflix about a hisdtory/behing the scenes look at some popular movies from the 90's

:)

I ooked for it after watching a new doc on Netflix about a hisdtory/behing the scenes look at some popular movies from the 90's
I truly didn't think it would be on there, but she's happy it is. It's an ok movie to me, I've just seen too many times I think.

I truly didn't think it would be on there, but she's happy it is. It's an ok movie to me, I've just seen too many times I think.
I also wonder why it is on D. It is a Fox movie.

Not having any kids it has been a long time since I've seen it May crank it up later

I also wonder why it is on D. It is a Fox movie.

Not having any kids it has been a long time since I've seen it May crank it up later
I didn't realize it was a fox movie, but that explains why it is on there since Disney owns Fox now. I know they also have the complete series of the Simpsons, minus the Michael Jackson episode as well.

So, follow up question: How are you streaming Disney +? I see there is increasing trouble with Samsung TV's getting the app to work, if they can get the app at all. Is this going to be a need for a standalone streaming device?

I’ve been using an AppleTV without issue so far. I have a fire stick in the garage but have not tried that app.

I'm using my Roku 3... Works fine so far, although I can't figure out how to turn off CC...

Roku Ultra. Curreently on Amazon for $78. Was $50 this past weekend)

I have the ability to stream via my TV but have always used stand alone devices. I think TV manufactures concentrate on the actual TV and streaming is an after thought. Stand alone player manufacturers concentrate on giving the best streaming don't have to worry about anything else.

Also using AppleTV (the 4K one). Haven't tried it on my older ATVs... need to. No issues- I find I'm not using the smart TV apps at all. I can see how they'd be useful, but sometimes they take a long time to get updated for new features.

Besides, if I don't connect my TV to the internet at all then the damned thing can't spy on me.

Back