• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

VIZIO P-Series Quantum 75" Class 4K HDR Smart TV | P759-G1 or Samsung 75" Class Q60R QLED Smart 4K UHD TV

I can't speak to the Vizio, but we bought a Samsung QLED last year and we're very happy with it. If the other TV that sees a lot of use went out, I'd probably get another QLED in that room too.

love the sammy. just a heads up, it doesnt support dolby vision from reading the specs. i didnt read through it as much.

plus, after my LG was having trouble with HDR Dolby vision, i turned it off. was it due to my player? sony 700? or my almost 5 year old LG tv? sure. i was dead tired already and knew my wife wont let me buy a new tv anyways since im still not working.

I've owned both Vizio and Samsung QLED, and hands down the Samsung has the better picture, but it was also double the price of Vizio that I had. Not familiar with model numbers, but if you're willing to spend that much on a Vizio, I'd look at the next model in the Samsung line. I noticed a difference between the 6 series and the 7 series I ended up with.

If you are looking at Vizio, you should also look at TCL's higher end sets. IMHO, they are eating Vizio's lunch on both price and picture quality.

love the sammy. just a heads up, it doesnt support dolby vision from reading the specs. i didnt read through it as much.

plus, after my LG was having trouble with HDR Dolby vision, i turned it off. was it due to my player? sony 700? or my almost 5 year old LG tv? sure. i was dead tired already and knew my wife wont let me buy a new tv anyways since im still not working.

Yeah, Samsung doesn't pay the fees to Dolby for their Dolby Vision HDR. It does support HDR10 and HLG. I don't think I've found anything that is DV only when it comes to HDR. It might be out there, I just haven't found it.

I will say our QLED is the Q8f series, so it's one of their top end ones and I thought it compared well to the LG OLED models that cost even more yet.

If you are looking at Vizio, you should also look at TCL's higher end sets. IMHO, they are eating Vizio's lunch on both price and picture quality.

TCL is the brand i was looking for! i saw a thread earlier that referred to its technology, including the Hisense model too...

Back