• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What are you watching via streaming?

Wife and I started watching Merry Happy Whatever on Netflix, and it was just awful. Laugh track, not sure why it was even in there, felt forced, and the show just wasn't funny. We ended up turning it off after 5 or 10 minutes.

Wife and I started watching Merry Happy Whatever on Netflix, and it was just awful. Laugh track, not sure why it was even in there, felt forced, and the show just wasn't funny. We ended up turning it off after 5 or 10 minutes.

Thanks I will take off my list.

Look, I really liked "Fleabag", I did! But all this talk of it being the best TV of 2019 is just, well, too much.

We started watching Good Omen when it first came out, took about a week to watch the first three episodes, and then something else caught our attention. Watched the 4th and 5th episode over the last couple of days and will probably finish the series tonight, and overall I really like it. David Tennant is great in it.

BTW, I haven't done a search, but the styling of the show reminds me of Desperate Housewives. Wonder if there is a connection?

We watched the first three episodes of season three of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel last night and they did not disappoint. It remains one of my favorite shows of the year on the strength of great writing, witty dialog and excellent cast.

STARTED WATCHING 6 UNDERGROUND THE OTHER NIGHT, BUT THEN THE GRANDSON CAME OVER SO I HAD TO WATCH SOMETHING ELSE. WIFE AND I RESTARTED WATCHING IT LAST NIGHT, AS SHE HADN'T SEEN THE FIRST SCENE, WHICH WAS AWESOME BY THE WAY. AND OF COURSE, OUR INTERNET WAS ACTING UP LAST NIGHT, SO IT TOOK US 3 HOURS TO WATCH A 2 HOUR MOVIE, BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. AND YES, I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS A MICHAEL BAY MOVIE TO THE EXTREME! IF YOU ARE AN ACTION FAN, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS MOVIE! Seriously, it's a leave your brain at the door movie, but it is very intense and entertaining.

Wife and I are half way through the 4th season of The Expanse, now being made by Amazon instead of Scy-Fy channel, and I have to admit, it doesn't have the charm it did before. It's still a decent show, but it doesn't seem to be the same show we finished last spring.

STARTED WATCHING 6 UNDERGROUND THE OTHER NIGHT, BUT THEN THE GRANDSON CAME OVER SO I HAD TO WATCH SOMETHING ELSE. WIFE AND I RESTARTED WATCHING IT LAST NIGHT, AS SHE HADN'T SEEN THE FIRST SCENE, WHICH WAS AWESOME BY THE WAY. AND OF COURSE, OUR INTERNET WAS ACTING UP LAST NIGHT, SO IT TOOK US 3 HOURS TO WATCH A 2 HOUR MOVIE, BUT IT WAS WELL WORTH IT. AND YES, I'M TYPING IN ALL CAPS BECAUSE THIS MOVIE IS A MICHAEL BAY MOVIE TO THE EXTREME! IF YOU ARE AN ACTION FAN, YOU WILL ENJOY THIS MOVIE! Seriously, it's a leave your brain at the door movie, but it is very intense and entertaining.

my eyes feel so sore reading this.

but then again, its michael bay.

anything else would be Mehcheal Bay.

hehehe.

We just finished the final season of Man in the High Castle. I thought the quality was consistent with the first three seasons, which were excellent. The ending left a lot of things open-ended, which I think is fine and I was mostly satisfied with how it ended. My one complaint was that the last scene was so inexplicable and nobody seems to know what it means.

I just finished this today and I agree 100% with your assessment including the last scene.

watching the first episode of the wild district.

very very promising, i liked the first episode, and look forward to watching more. man i didnt know their city looks fabulous. the main character in this is also in jack ryans season 2.

maybe im getting old, but i am having a hard time listening to the original spanish track, and when i tried english dub man i puked.

or maybe im used to korean flicks and just diggin em.

btw, will update more korean flicks later on. been on a binge and enjoying a bit of it.

wilddistrict1os.jpg

Ok I'm a little ashamed to admit this because this is definitely "chick flick" territory, but the wife and I have been watching A Place To Call Home.

81dK597uPkL._SL1500_.jpg

I can't recommend this enough. Really great writing and storyline, touches on a lot of issues I've been thinking about lately, despite being set in the 1950's. It was actually my aunt&uncle who brought this to our attention, so I was a bit skeptical at first. But I'm really enjoying it.

A new series on Netflix - Dracula.

I watched the first episode this morning and it looks like it will be a good one. Only 3 episodes but each one is 1.5 hours long.

Follows the book to a certain point but there are some real differences. Produced by the same team that did the BBC Sherlock series. Witty and very suspenseful.

I imagine I will finish it this weekend of not by the end of the day.

Just taking a moment to appreciate that we can stream content at all.

Trying to get into The Witcher, but I am lost most of the time. So much has to be assumed, or one has to wait for multiple episodes to know what the hell is going on in some sub-plots. Seeing a few boobies can be nice, but the way they throw around folkloric creatures mixed with real creatures mixed with fantasy stuff they made up just for this story is hard for which to keep track. I am confused damn near all the time - and the Witcher's voice processing makes him almost impossible to understand. They equalized the living shit out of his voice and added some strange animal-like distortion then turned it way down so he is nearly always much quieter than the other characters. And much like the few episodes of Game of Thrones I saw in hotel rooms, the plot is almost all expository and dull.

I am now four episodes into the show, and I am constantly waiting for anything at all to happen. The short moments of moving the plot forward or a pivotal sequence (often a fight or confrontation) seem to all occur abruptly and end suddenly.

But, I like the cinematography, the acting, the characters, and the regular view of boobies so I think I'll keep watching.

Even the musical score is boring.

At some point, if a normal plot cadence where less time is spent explaining the characters and histories that led up to the current situations are lessened, then it might be worth my time. Right now I am on the fence.

This is where Tolkien was a genius. He could move the story forward while explaining the past without droning on for hours and hours (in his case, chapters and chapters) setting up why the characters are doing what they are doing. His characters acted the way they did because they were well evolved and had their own personalities without being stereotypes or filler for the rest of the story.

A new series on Netflix - Dracula.

I watched the first episode this morning and it looks like it will be a good one. Only 3 episodes but each one is 1.5 hours long.

Follows the book to a certain point but there are some real differences. Produced by the same team that did the BBC Sherlock series. Witty and very suspenseful.

I imagine I will finish it this weekend of not by the end of the day.

I just finished the series and not wanting to give away any spoilers it is one of the best series I have seen in a while. Very unigue, suspensful and "curve throwing"

Back