• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Movie(s) Did You Watch Today?

i love noomi, but i feel that sometimes, almost every goddamn movie she has to be nekkid or having sex of some sort.

Close was a better movie, and chose not to watch what happened to monday due to the sex scene. again.

the other only 2 movies she didnt have sex or was nekkid in was the one with colin farrell and the other with legolas.

i love noomi, but i feel that sometimes, almost every goddamn movie she has to be nekkid or having sex of some sort.

Close was a better movie, and chose not to watch what happened to monday due to the sex scene. again.

the other only 2 movies she didnt have sex or was nekkid in was the one with colin farrell and the other with legolas.

I was a fan off Noomi in all the (original Swedish) Dragon Tattoo movies I think mainly because I was also into the books. And Close was good.

Watched Extinction just now I thought it was OK. Admitting that I am probably a little burned out on Netflix sci-fi at this point after five movies so this review is a little jaded I am sure. But I felt like the story was almost a random collection of sci-fi themes and plot elements and not a cohesive effort. The twists felt like they were just thrown in for the sake of mixing things up in an otherwise formulaic movie. I still enjoyed it though.

Binge watching Netflix movies this weekend. Watched Extraction with Thor not terrible kind of John Wick action style. Watched a sci-fi movie called Spectral also not bad has cool effects. And another sci-fi movie called I Am Mother with Hillary Swank not particularly original but I enjoyed it.

I have a serious problem with Extraction. I started to watch and about half way thru there was a fight scene where not-thor beats the snot out of obvious children.

I turned it off

I have a serious problem with Extraction. I started to watch and about half way thru there was a fight scene where not-thor beats the snot out of obvious children.

I turned it off

A) It’s all pretend. Not-Thor didn’t really beat up anyone. Just a movie. I know it looks real but trust me, it’s not.
B) Those obvious children were trying to kill him. One went so far as to cut his finger off (again, pretend finger) because he failed his mission
C) Using obvious children was a plot device to point out how desperate the underclass youth in India are.

A) It’s all pretend. Not-Thor didn’t really beat up anyone. Just a movie. I know it looks real but trust me, it’s not.
B) Those obvious children were trying to kill him. One went so far as to cut his finger off (again, pretend finger) because he failed his mission
C) Using obvious children was a plot device to point out how desperate the underclass youth in India are.
Part of me can accept that but a larger part says there is no justification for showing the beating and killing of children.

I'll pass.

Part of me can accept that but a larger part says there is no justification for showing the beating and killing of children.

I'll pass.

I would agree other then that I found that scene to be so utterly stupid that I couldn't take it that seriously. Like Thor forcing himself to hold back while fighting children who were actually trying to kill him was somehow meant to be funny, cute or campy. If it were more plausible I suppose it might bother me. But to me again it was just stupid. IMO the only shred of real world plausibility to any of the children in the film (other then the kidnapped main character) was as Towen described in that they were somewhat accurately portrayed to be poverty stricken and desperate enough to do bad things for drug lords. Bottom line is the movie has some decent action scenes but is otherwise not a serious film it's just an action fluff vehicle to diversify Mr. Thor IMO.

Watched this to wrap up my Netflix sci-fi binge weekend...

Kind of a mash up futuristic film noir detective story with some Minority Report elements. Clive Owen does a good job along with Amanda Seyfried. Less action and more crime thriller but I thought worth watching. But enough Netflix I am officially burned out back to the real world.

EDIT: Like I said I liked this movie I thought it was an interesting take on privacy in the new internet world. But this reviews are pretty laughably bad this may be one of my favorite bad reviews of all time from Rotten Tomatoes...

"Niccol's vision of modernity is strikingly dated while philosophically it has about as much substance as a Kanye tweet."

:rofl:

Last edited:
A quick follow up note in general about potentially offensive material or subject matter in film. This is my take on it. We are always free to pick and choose what we view or entertain ourselves with. And I pass zero judgement on anyone who opts in or out of any film if it offends them. Personally I try to keep an open mind and appreciate film as and art form regardless of subject matter. Otherwise how would we ever rationalize watching (for example) Silence of The Lambs, Se7en, Schindlers List, Downfall, 1917, Parasite, BlacKkKlansman, No Country for Old Men, The Deer Hunter, Pan's Labyrinth and so many other notable films. This is just a short and pretty random list but what they all have in common is that all of these films depict in some form awful human behavior or acts some so extreme that they are heard to even imagine. But the truth is the human race does do these awful things to each other throughout history and continues to do so. It's tragic and awful and obviously no sane person approves of these acts or condones them. But to ignore or dismiss them is IMO short sighted. Documenting and studying via academic and artistic mediums is how we try to understand and maybe even prevent these things. Whether it may be film or fiction or poetry or painting art has been IMO an instrumental tool for the human race to study and express what can often appear to be unexplainable. And so I will always watch a well made film on any subject matter if it serves such a purpose.

Having said all of that it hardly seems worth discussing Extraction in this context because IMO it barely qualified as art. It was just a mindless action fluff flick the majority of which was ridiculous and implausible. My son walked into the room while I was watching it and said "Is this one of those movies when fifty guys are shooting thousands of rounds at the American tough guy and they all somehow miss and he turns and kills all of them with half a mag?". He pretty much nailed it.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Little funsuckers is what they are! I think they are secretly trying to kill us.

its part of the handbook they issue out.

sometimes when i watch tv with my kid, we watch boss baby.

i really do wonder, if they have a secret code or something.

ok, shitstorms are in the bedroom.

my take on children and violence.

in the fallout series as well as witcher games, kids are a no no. no one gets to kill any kids. even if you tried.

see, thats the thing, i bet people DID try.

violence with children, or towards children is an unfortunate face of humanity. it happens, it does happen, and will continue to happen. but we can choose to ignore it or to better phrase it, not promote it.

in cinema, in the movie extraction, i havent seen it. so i will put my comments about it.

in general, violence, either towards children, are also in a way double edged.

so, we are not allowed to show violence towards children, and yet show the same or even worse towards women? so women are acceptable victims? what about elderly?

i mean, i can show something like that, but no one would give a shit.

in general, we can always choose to steer away from it, or learn from it. most movies ive seen in a way shows us such paths and hope we learn from it. humanity doesnt learn very well from textbook guidelines, we learn from harsh belting and a whack on the side of the head.

let me kindle the flame a bit more....

google

Goldfish in a microwave.

then dont watch it. or see the results.

I’m sorry but I don’t watch action movies to learn anything.
And while violence for the sake of violence would be disturbing but in the context of the movie the scene was appropriate. Not-Thor defended himself with as little force as was required. His character had the ability to have easily dispatched the gang of armed kids trying to kill him. In an earlier scene his character had an opportunity to harm a child who was of little threat to him and did not. The point of that scene was, IMHO, to demonstrate that a) the kid was so desperate that even in the face if certain death he’d not dare cross his masters and b) that Not-Thor would not harm a kid if there were any other option.

What I find interesting is that If the assailants were a gang women in tight ninja outfits we’d probably not be having this discussion.

I’m sorry but I don’t watch action movies to learn anything.
And while violence for the sake of violence would be disturbing but in the context of the movie the scene was appropriate. Not-Thor defended himself with as little force as was required. His character had the ability to have easily dispatched the gang of armed kids trying to kill him. In an earlier scene his character had an opportunity to harm a child who was of little threat to him and did not. The point of that scene was, IMHO, to demonstrate that a) the kid was so desperate that even in the face if certain death he’d not dare cross his masters and b) that Not-Thor would not harm a kid if there were any other option.

What I find interesting is that If the assailants were a gang women in tight ninja outfits we’d probably not be having this discussion.

No, we would be having a different discussion. :biggrin:

Back