• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Which way should I go?

Snake Doctor

My AT1505 amp went out again this is the 3rd or 4th time and I am tired of it. However, I don't know what to do. For $100 plus I can get the AT1505 repaired and it should be good for a couple of years, but I am tired of having to go through this again. I wanted separates, whenever I listened to most any demo separates always gave the be results, or at least I thought they did. So I moved from an AV which is still working like the first day I got it 20 years ago, to a prepro and amp. If I didn't have such great speakers I think I would spend $1,000 and go with Boise, not because they give what I want but they always work. Most likely I will get the amp repaired and be back in a year or so bitching again. I just don't want to spend a lot of money, but I don't want to lose my speakers in the process. Does anyone have a solution or suggestion? I am desperate.

You've had it fixed 3 or 4 times, was it for the same thing each time? If so I would think you should at least have some dialog with the company for resolution.

Is ATI fixing it or a local company?

I’d call ATI and see what they say.

I think the only 2 amps I’d look at now are ATI or Parasound.

of course, I’ve been out of the loop for years now.

Is ATI fixing it or a local company?

I’d call ATI and see what they say.

I think the only 2 amps I’d look at now are ATI or Parasound.

of course, I’ve been out of the loop for years now.
It is a local company they do a good job. I did call ATI a couple of years ago and they suggested I send it in. By the time I paid for shipping and cost of repairs it would rather put that amount on money into another amp.

I took the amp to the doctor they said it could be up to two weeks before I get it back. How do I bypass the audio on the prepro and get audio directly from the TV. I know I have done it before, but right now whatever I do nothing works, no sound from the TV.

I took the amp to the doctor they said it could be up to two weeks before I get it back. How do I bypass the audio on the prepro and get audio directly from the TV. I know I have done it before, but right now whatever I do nothing works, no sound from the TV.
What are you using to control your system. If a universal remote make sure it is now controlling the volume on the TV and not the prepro. I have made that mistake in the past

I have a integra processor with Roku as my source. I didn’t have a problem gettping sound via tv when I was on directv/cable. But with the Roku I Can’t get sound from the tv I even pulled all the audio jacks from the prepro still nothing. I was using the the TV remote to control the volume.

I have a integra processor with Roku as my source. I didn’t have a problem gettping sound via tv when I was on directv/cable. But with the Roku I Can’t get sound from the tv I even pulled all the audio jacks from the prepro still nothing. I was using the the TV remote to control the volume.
At this time is the Roku connected directly to the tv in any fashion?

If you are connected to the Integra via HDMI you won't get sound from the TV unless you run an audio connection from the Roku to the TV probably via analog connections

If you are connected to the Integra via HDMI you won't get sound from the TV unless you run an audio connection from the Roku to the TV probably via analog connections
That makes sense. I tried running the HDMI from the TV to the Roku bypassing the prepro, I had video but no audio. The Roku is HDMI only and doesn't have analog connections, I looked earlier. Thanks for the suggestions,

That makes sense. I tried running the HDMI from the TV to the Roku bypassing the prepro, I had video but no audio. The Roku is HDMI only and doesn't have analog connections, I looked earlier. Thanks for the suggestions,
Did you do anything with the audio settings on the Roku? You might have to make adjustments there

Did you ever get the problem resolved?

I took it to the doctor here in town. I am hoping to get it back by this weekend but they said it may take two weeks. I have looked at my shelving unit and I’m wondering if I had a shelf to close to the amp. When I pulled the amp it was hot to hot, so I have completely rearranged the unit. I’m thinking it could be a fan going out and the amp over heated. If so then it is my fault. I will keep you updated.

Still waiting for my amp - I should have looked into purchasing a new one, but they would most likely be more then I would want to pay. So I sit, going on week 4.

This is very difficult to write, admit, be honest about, when I would much rather, not lie, but expand on the truth. The Amp was ready, but the tech wanted to go through something with me. When I got there the tech told me there was nothing wrong with the amp. Together we went through each speaker‘s terminal and each one was putting out enough sound to shake the building. I didn't understand He asked me if I had pulled the power cord from the amp to completely power it down? I hadn’t.

He then suggested it could be my processor. I came home and spent a couple of hours going through every connection, making sure each was in the right port and secure. Finally, I powered everything up and I had sound, wonderful sound plus video.

How much of a dumb ass do you have to be to take a perfectly good working amp in for repair? I know I didn’t have sound and did everything I knew how except disconnecting the power cord. One good thing is I rearranged the equipment cabinet and the amp will be getting more air and circulation then ever before. Is it possible that it over heated and shut down? I am grasping for anything to keep from feeling like the idiot of the year on audioannex.

So that is the embarrassing tale nothing wrong with the AT1505, except for a dumb ass at the controls.
oh this hurts to admit.

Back