• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The simple pleasure of audio

I was getting lost in INXS but then my receiver overheated and shut down again.

Oh, how I long for the days of my old bulletproof Marantz SR 870.

I was getting lost in INXS but then my receiver overheated and shut down again.

Oh, how I long for the days of my old bulletproof Marantz SR 870.

What make and model? Is this an ongoing issue?

What make and model? Is this an ongoing issue?

Its my much newer Marantz SR 7007. And I have very efficient speakers they are not at all hard to drive.

And yes it has been an ongoing issue. I have been underwhelmed by the power of this thing since day 1.

I had a few cocktails in me last night and I got on accessories4less and damn near bought another 5 channel amp.

That old 870 was bulletproof.

I had a few cocktails in me last night and I got on accessories4less and damn near bought another 5 channel amp.

This won't break the bank

I'd rather do these. And they are on Sale for 2. Your receiver should handle all others.

Yes. LOL. I need one or all of those. I dont think its ventilation but I could be wrong.

It almost has to be ... right?
Unless your “efficient” speakers are playing loud enough to entertain the neighborhood you shouldn’t be experiencing shutdowns.

It almost has to be ... right?
Unless your “efficient” speakers are playing loud enough to entertain the neighborhood you shouldn’t be experiencing shutdowns.

It was relatively loud for a long time but the old 870 had many more spirited sessions and never shut down.
The new(er) init is in a different cabinet though.

This won't break the bank

I have had a Outlaw 7700 amp for years and.it has served me well.

Back