• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

What Are You Listening To?

There was a recent thread, somewhere here, about Zappa, and I can't recall where it was. Here's a segment of an earlier concert, including "Pygmy Twylyght" and "Dickie's Such an Asshole", that to me shows the true genius of FZ, and his incredible band. Enjoy!

There was a recent thread, somewhere here, about Zappa, and I can't recall where it was. Here's a segment of an earlier concert, including "Pygmy Twylyght" and "Dickie's Such an Asshole", that to me shows the true genius of FZ, and his incredible band. Enjoy!
I may have posted something about not really liking/understanding Zappa. I stick to my assertion after listening to this clip. My brain (and Rick Beato) tell me Frank used odd time signatures and very complex melodies. My heart tells me I don't find it enjoyable to listen to. I think maybe if I could play a musical instrument I would have way more appreciation for his music. What can I say Botch, I am an uncouth swine!!

Not at all; if we all liked the same thing that would be boring. I can fully understand why many people wouldn't like this.

I actually kinda dug that piece. It was a little jam band(ish) but I want to give it a listen again to see if it takes hold.

Getting my Kitty fix. Cleaning house and running the table .
Kathleen Edwards, Asking for Flowers, Voyageur and Total Freedom.

total%20freedom_kathleen%20edwards.jpg
Askingforflowers.jpg
0c8262cb.jpeg

Just got this and ripping it to my PC when I noticed it is categorized as Doom Metal.........HA!!!

1614709495914.png

Not exactly.................

Last edited:
SRV Mobile Fidelity One-Step

View attachment 11269

Man, absolutely one of my favorite albums of all time.

I have what appears to be that same version on CD.

The title track is amazing the opening snare drum on that song would literally scare the snot out of people in my old truck, but that system sounded AMAZING for a single cab truck with 4 speakers and a single 10" sub.

Tin Pan Ally is another one of my absolute go to's. That song played on my basement system is pure gold. Probably my favorite tune on the album.

Our local R&R station used to play Scuttle Buttin to open their news segments and I just cant hear that opening riff too much. A buddy of mine who is the host of the local (St. Louis) SRV Tribute show, actually learned that song because he got tired of me asking him to. Well, that is at least my version of that story.

And, IMO the best version of Voodoo Chile EVER!

As part of my brilliant, smartass reply to another post on a barbeque forum, I was re-introduced to this lyric gem, which I shall share here:

Someone left my cake out, in the Rain
I don't think that I can take it,
Cuz it took so long to bake it,
And I'll never have that Recipe Agaiiin,
A, GainNNNNNNN!

MG, I used to chase skirt to this mindless drivel! No wonder I almost graduated a virgin.

As part of my brilliant, smartass reply to another post on a barbeque forum, I was re-introduced to this lyric gem, which I shall share here:

MG, I used to chase skirt to this mindless drivel! No wonder I almost graduated a virgin.
Hey c'mon Botch you need the original sung by that master musician Richard Harris

While the lyrics are corny/bizarre, the melody is actually phenomenal, and in the hands of a Master:

(just reading through the comments on EweTube brought me back to high school/college, and really made my day!)

The Glorious Sons - A War On Everything. Maybe not quite as good as that other band from Kingston but these guys can rock.
The-Glorious-Sons-A-War-On-Everything-Album-Cover-Feature.jpg

This Year's Model--- Elvis Costelllo So lately , thanks to Rick Beato , I have been listening closer to songs, particularly the bass lines. This album has some killer basslines!!
819fjJ-sqSL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

This Year's Model--- Elvis Costelllo So lately , thanks to Rick Beato , I have been listening closer to songs, particularly the bass lines. This album has some killer basslines!!
Indeed it does!
I watched Beato's discussion of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition" the other day. Stevie played the bass part on a MiniMoog, and hearing that soloed, dayam! I've never heard a bass line like that, but it fits. Perfectly.

Back