• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Gear Proliferation

Haywood

Famous
I have a problem.

Well, my wife says I have a problem.

That problem is a combination of gadgetitis and electronics hoarding. Let me explain.

Remember that time Flint modded a pair of Insignia bookshelf speakers? I have them in my office with an old Energy subwoofer I bought in 1997 and a little digital Bluetooth amplifier.

There is a little 3.1 system in my basement with the other three Insignia speakers I picked up for a family room system in another house we lived in. That system also has an old 50" 1080p set, because it works and why not?

We wanted some background audio for the master bed and master bath, so I grabbed a couple pairs of Edifier Bluetooth bookshelf speakers.
I put our old Pioneer soundbase in our daughter's room, but am starting to think she needs and upgrade...

The main system is in the living room with the 75" Sony, Marantz electronics, SVS sub, and Paradigm speakers. You would think that would do it for the main floor, but...

The family room has that prototype cabinet I designed. Franklin designed the three active bookshelf speakers and two active subwoofers in that cabinet, which also contains a 65" TLC 4K HDR set. You would think that would do it, but...

Flint designed pair of custom speakers for my back porch that sound way better than any porch speaker has the right to.

We probably shouldn't discuss the Vizio soundbar, Infinity bookshelf speakers, or the Logitech and Cambridge Soundworks computer speakers in boxes in the basement.
That would probably all be fine if it were not for all the smart light switches, Philips Hue bulbs, smart outlets, Nest door locks, Nest thermostat, Nest Hello doorbell, Arlo camera system, smart garage door opener, 5 Nest Minis, 4 Nest Hubs and a three node mesh network.

Honestly, that is all fine. We just won't talk about things like the NAS, 49" Super Ultrawide Monitor, or...

Anyone else suffer from this affliction or is it just me?

Sorta; still have several headphone amps I'm not using, a workbench with a bunch of raw electronics parts (resistors and capacitors and such), and Franklin's center channel speaker that I never put in the HT (phantom center works fine for me).

I'm pretty close to needing a new TV, my ancient 46" Toshiba now has a permanent thin red line on the far left side that I can usually just ignore, but I think it's getting worse.

And two usable DSLR camera bodies that I thought "The kids can use these!" when I upgraded, but ...

This is precisely why you participate on this forum and not the Knitting Nerds forum.

I have a lot of stuff in storage but I can say I haven’t bought anything worth mentioning since the divorce and subsequent move….

…….except for that Sony 86” TV and ES 4k BD player and soundbar

…….and a shitload of Jeep parts, but that’s not necessarily for this forum.

What I'm reading us that you need to dispose of a bunch of speakers and let me build you some more stuff.

Those Insignia speakers had no right to sound as good as they did! Back in the day during a temporary move I ran those paired with an Energy sub.

I have basically 7 systems. Lol
But my real hoarding issues are more comic book related.

Attachments

• 5CA37EF7-8001-45FF-B230-18539BDB7BF8.jpeg
    5CA37EF7-8001-45FF-B230-18539BDB7BF8.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 8742DD9B-295D-4CD0-AC85-D0F83D066AA0.jpeg
    8742DD9B-295D-4CD0-AC85-D0F83D066AA0.jpeg
    150.2 KB · Views: 12
  • E900B0D7-D183-49D7-AC2C-40DF240B400C.jpeg
    E900B0D7-D183-49D7-AC2C-40DF240B400C.jpeg
    161.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 2209A445-D4BE-43C8-A4CC-0628D4863AEF.jpeg
    2209A445-D4BE-43C8-A4CC-0628D4863AEF.jpeg
    178.1 KB · Views: 12
  • EC6A39B8-D5A9-413C-8924-5EB370157279.jpeg
    EC6A39B8-D5A9-413C-8924-5EB370157279.jpeg
    170.1 KB · Views: 11
Right there with you.

Sitting at home, not hooked up to anything right now, I have a 50" Vizio TV, a pair of Paradigm Titan bookshelf speakers, a Denon 3808 A/V receiver, two Klipsch tower speakers, and a Klipsch center channel.

Honestly, I ought to just take everything but the Paradigms to Goodwill. I'm not likely to use any of that stuff, but I'm still loathe to part with those Titans.

I have a problem.

Well, my wife says I have a problem.

That problem is a combination of gadgetitis and electronics hoarding. Let me explain.

Remember that time Flint modded a pair of Insignia bookshelf speakers? I have them in my office with an old Energy subwoofer I bought in 1997 and a little digital Bluetooth amplifier.

There is a little 3.1 system in my basement with the other three Insignia speakers I picked up for a family room system in another house we lived in. That system also has an old 50" 1080p set, because it works and why not?

We wanted some background audio for the master bed and master bath, so I grabbed a couple pairs of Edifier Bluetooth bookshelf speakers.
I put our old Pioneer soundbase in our daughter's room, but am starting to think she needs and upgrade...

The main system is in the living room with the 75" Sony, Marantz electronics, SVS sub, and Paradigm speakers. You would think that would do it for the main floor, but...

The family room has that prototype cabinet I designed. Franklin designed the three active bookshelf speakers and two active subwoofers in that cabinet, which also contains a 65" TLC 4K HDR set. You would think that would do it, but...

Flint designed pair of custom speakers for my back porch that sound way better than any porch speaker has the right to.

We probably shouldn't discuss the Vizio soundbar, Infinity bookshelf speakers, or the Logitech and Cambridge Soundworks computer speakers in boxes in the basement.
That would probably all be fine if it were not for all the smart light switches, Philips Hue bulbs, smart outlets, Nest door locks, Nest thermostat, Nest Hello doorbell, Arlo camera system, smart garage door opener, 5 Nest Minis, 4 Nest Hubs and a three node mesh network.

Honestly, that is all fine. We just won't talk about things like the NAS, 49" Super Ultrawide Monitor, or...

Anyone else suffer from this affliction or is it just me?

No Roomba?

Back