• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Recent content by Botch

  1. Botch

    In game ads coming to XBOX...

    I don't drink coffee, so I do 45 minutes* of "soft news" in the morning while waking up; CBS Mornings, even if I end up screaming at the TV and wanting to kick Gayle King in the teeth. They often interview authors and SMEs with a book out, and they always throw a QR code up on the screen to buy...
  2. Botch

    In game ads coming to XBOX...

    Enshittification extends its ugly tentacles everywhere. :mad: Unfortunately, what you're doing, @Hot Monkey, is the only thing we can do, and not enough of us do it. I've done the following, and many of them are frustrating: - I refuse to fly commercially anymore (as of 7, 8 years ago?) - I...
  3. Botch

    Kewl Stuff

    I had no idea...
  4. Botch

    Kewl Stuff

    World Trade Center timelapse I didn't know this project had that many new buildings included, and that it's still not finished (actual timelapse begins about 30 seconds in)
  5. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    I've never been a huge fan of SRV, but he's on fire here:
  6. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Fourteen perfect songs. Twenty-six minutes. No guitar solos. All five of the chicks in the auditorium pushed to the front row. No keyboards. No backup singers. No harmony singers. No horns. No breaks. No belts nor calipygian guys, yet no jeans fall down; how? Perfect count-offs to all songs by...
  7. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Brand-new Vulfpeck! :listening:
  8. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Cory Wong and the Wong-Notes, with Victor Wooten guesting on bass. Damn, that bari sax player must be 6'10", at least!
  9. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Wow, you're right. Now I want to find that interview where I heard the accent... :oops:
  10. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Quick interview with Tony Levin (King Crimson, Peter Gabriel, and countless studio sessions) on the Chapman Stick. I've always wanted one of these, or at least rent one and experiment with how to play it. The last interview I saw with him was back in, what, the '80s? Then he had a very...
  11. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    My first concert, which my folks took me to, was Porter Wagoner and Dolly Parton. I was too young to appreciate Dolly, and I despised PW. There's been a lot of neat tributes to her on TV and the 'net these last few days, but Rick Beato's here is fantastic: Tomorrow I need to pull up her...
  12. Botch

    The Ogden Air Logistics Center

    New video, where I worked the last ten years of my career. Got to see a few familiar faces. :cool:
  13. Botch

    Kewl Stuff

    The tech guys who do the weekly Waveform Podcast (Marquez Brownlee's crew) all flew to Spain to see the recent total eclipse, and they video'd it in real time with ground shots, filtered shots with a 500mm, and a shot taken from a drone that showed the "totality shadow" racing across the valley...
  14. Botch

    Kewl Stuff

    I kinda forgot about Marius, then after watching this realized I hadn't subscribed! Coolest gift exchange on the planet, where four talented makers/creators make things for each other; wow: Here he makes the world's most precise set of VixBits™:
  15. Botch

    What Are You Listening To?

    Techno... on a Jaws Harp. :oops:
Back
Top