• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

10 years of headphone toys

Nice! Wow you've gone through more gear than I have... a lot more! Half of that stuff I don't even recognize. Is that a WA6? Are you still using it? What about the T1? My current full-size rig is Yulong DA8 -> WA6 -> T1. What're you listening with these days?

That's a WA3 that I bought in 2005. I'm still using it daily. It has performed flawlessly and it runs for at least 6 hours each day. I use it as a pre-amp for my 2-channel system in my "man cave".

I still have my T1 that I got in summer 2010. I also have a M-Stage(SS) that I sometimes use as pre-amp and with T1.

I need to post some pics of the $20 Lepai 2-channel amps that I'm using to drive my B&W 602s3. I'm using 2 of them to bi-amp. My big Rotel was cooking me in my little room in the summer so I did an experiment and it sounds damn good.

That's the largest display of evil shit I've ever seen in one place.

Rope

Dane, I'm gonna go off-topic and ask you Something Different:

What kind of music do you listen to?

I don't think I've seen any post about that, and I have no idea. ;)

Botch said:
Dane, I'm gonna go off-topic and ask you Something Different:

What kind of music do you listen to?

I don't think I've seen any post about that, and I have no idea. ;)

I don't like "real" Country music but some crossover(edit:I do like some Bluegrass), no mainstream "pop"/ teenage bubble gum crap that's on the radio ( I don't listen to radio, for about 20 years now). No Opera but most any Classical.

I have a diverse music collection with most everything you can imagine included. I spend a lot of my free time sampling free music and watching You Tube videos looking for new artists (or "new" to me).

I listen to music for 8 to 10 hours most every day, mostly while I work with my cheap Philips clip-on earbuds and iPod shuffle. I go to sleep with my Shure IEMs with Classical.

I always love looking at your pics, just awesome.

I think I have found my final setup, WA2, Schiit Uber Bifrost and an Ipure dock with the T1's. And my secondary (man cave) rig which is a Bottlehead Crack, and an Ipure dock with the HD650's.

It was a fun ride, and I got to own/listen to a bunch of different gear. :)

Those are sweet rigs walls. I have a very similar "sound" with my kit. The T1 doesn't leave me wanting anymore from a headphone. I've sampled some more expensive cans and at this price it comes down to personal taste. I still have fond memories of my HD650, a really smooth sound even at high volume.

I love the T1, I owned the HD800's for a while and IMO the T1's bested them. The HD800 are SO revealing that I didn't like them with a lot of my music.
And the 650 just goes so good with the Crack that I dont need to bring the T1's down with me when I listen in the cave.
I really don't think I will ever even consider upgrading again, I just can't see where spending double or triple what I have invested can make that big a difference.

Back