• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

$1500 Tube Amp

topper

Are there any really good 2-channel tube amps out there
in the $1500 slot?

Or am I thinking $500 - $700 too low?

(brands, models)

Would be used with Klipsch RF7 s (last made in 2006)
. . . 8 ohm, 102 db eff

** any input appreciated **.

. . . :text-nocomment: . .

Jolida used to allow tours around the maryland factory close to PaulyT? Little south of Baltimore.

One of my Co-workers did the walk through and owned one.

Huh, cool, had heard of this company but had no idea they were nearby. Yeah, a tour sometime would be fun!

Zing said:
The Jolida amps are all UL Class AB and the Dynaco amps are all P/P. I expected nothing less than SET Class A from you.
Ahem...
whisper1.gif
Zing, class AB is P/P and SET is class A.

Zing said:
Because those amps are $6500, $14,000 and $20,000. :eek:
Zing, I'll sell you my stereo SET tube amp for $3250. For this week only, I'll throw in shipping for free. Just say the word. ;)

I was talking about the Cary and Ayon amps, not your make believe wannabe pretend amps. :eek:bscene-birdiedoublered:

Don't let it bother you. Remember, it's coming from a guy with 1/4" faceplates on his amps machined to look like they're 1/2".
:eek:bscene-buttred:

Zing said:
soundhound said:

The Jolida amps are all UL Class AB and the Dynaco amps are all P/P. What kind of crap are you selling, Soundhound? I expected nothing less than SET Class A from you.

Dynaco amps are ultralinear too - in fact Dynaco invented the circuit. I would not generally recommend a SET for use full-range mainly because the damping factor is poor. That isn't a concern at upper frequencies. A conventional ultralinear design is best for the bass frequencies if tube amplification is going to be used at all.

Thank you.

Enough for a starting point in getting familiar with tube amps and what's available.
I have a lot of reading/research to do. Glad I'm in no hurry to delve into tube amps, if I ultimately do.

I appreciate it.

Back