• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Trudge

Hi, surprised I couldn't find any mention or comments about this long running show. I think it's most excellent. Two episodes remaining, last night a US sub torpedoed a Chinese aircraft carrier. What's next?

Yup, we have been watching and once you get past the ridiculousness, we have always enjoyed 24. This season, Live Another Day, is way over the top, but one of the fastest hours of the week. Many spins and plots all going on at once. We can't believe that there are only 2 episodes left................

I used to really enjoy 24 dating back to the first two seasons. But then I realized , at least to me, because of the weekly format I wasn't really getting a sense of the whole "one day" vibe. And it started to feel a bit contrived and formulaic. Homeland has become my goto terror/drama series. But after season 3 even that show has to redeem itself a bit.

I'm glad they went for 12 hours this time around. In the previous seasons they had to come up with parlor tricks to extend the "day" and some of it was just making it too convoluted and ridiculous. With just 12 hours to work with it is staying action packed and basically on point. Some of it is still ridiculous, but I think the writers are aware of it. The "wake the bitch up" moment and "the only death on my head is yours" were just plain awesome.

Batman said:
I used to really enjoy 24 dating back to the first two seasons. But then I realized , at least to me, because of the weekly format I wasn't really getting a sense of the whole "one day" vibe. And it started to feel a bit contrived and formulaic.

Only a BIT contrived?

Towen7 said:
Batman said:
I used to really enjoy 24 dating back to the first two seasons. But then I realized , at least to me, because of the weekly format I wasn't really getting a sense of the whole "one day" vibe. And it started to feel a bit contrived and formulaic.

Only a BIT contrived?
Yeah, not COMPLETELY 100% contrived, just a little :happy-smileygiantred:

I have been watching it and YES, the formula seems to be strictly adhered to again this time around. Getting tired of listening to Keifer talk as though he has COPD or emphysema!! Potato face is her usual scowling self. I think they need to put this franchise to bed permanently when this one is done!!
Mike

mcad64 said:
I have been watching it and YES, the formula seems to be strictly adhered to again this time around. Getting tired of listening to Keifer talk as though he has COPD or emphysema!! Potato face is her usual scowling self. I think they need to put this franchise to bed permanently when this one is done!!
Mike

yea what is with Potato face and the cat eyes. Also who didnt see the POTUS in Wimbley Stadium coming? I have still enjoyed Live Another Day but Keifer is showing his age. The winging the bitch out the window was needed and I wanted to give a standing O after that one.

I agree probably put it out to pasture. Maybe a occasional movie although the last one didn't work so well.

heeman said:
Yup, we have been watching and once you get past the ridiculousness, we have always enjoyed 24. This season, Live Another Day, is way over the top, but one of the fastest hours of the week. Many spins and plots all going on at once. We can't believe that there are only 2 episodes left................
I'm in agreement with the heeman's.

Guess I understand now, why no mention or comments, you guys didn't think it was that great.

Back