• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

25 Best Soundtracks (According to Time Magazine)

Zing

Retired Admin
Famous
Not surprisingly, I agree with a few and strongly disagree with most. Then again, you know what they say about opinions.

:text-link:
 

Batman

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Famous
They don't seem to be ranked, just in chronological order...it's funny Garden State is mentioned, that's an all-time favorite ST for me, a liked Pulp Fiction on that list too. I expected to see scores included also, the likes of Star Wars and other John Williams material, and what about the Wizard Of Oz?
 

Flint

Dog Faced Pony Soldier
Superstar
Reporter's 20 year old intern: "People love mocie soundtracks, you should write a list of the best soundtracks ever."

Reporter: "I guess. The piece I'm working on about Christians all being hypocrits is going nowhere. I need something soon or I'll be out of a job."

Intern: "We can do some research and figure out what people think and write about that."

Reporter: "Perhaps. Go asked everyone in the coffee shop downstairs what their favorite soundtrack was and make a list"

Intern: "Yessir!"

20 minutes later

Intern: "Hi, I am back."

Reporter: "Where'd you go?"

Intern: "To the coffee shop like you asked me to."

Reporter: "Oh, good, where's my coffee?"

Intern: "What coffee? I went down there to do research for the article on the best movie soundtracks of all time."

Reporter: "You don't get it do you. If you ever go to a coffee shop, you must always get me a coffee."

Intern: "Yessir."

Reporter: "...and a scone. I love scones. I especially love blueberry scones, they're the best."

Intern: "Yessir. Don't you want to hear about my research?"

Reporter: "Whatever... no, here's an opportunity for you. Write up the list in a nice little article and I'll submit it."

Intern: "Really!?! Could I get a by-line?"

Reporter: (laughing) "good one!"

Intern: "But I haven't heard of most of these movies. What am I supposed to do with those?"

Reporter: "Just Google them and summarize what others have said about their soundtracks."

Intern: "Is that real reporting?"

Reporter: "Yes, that's been real reporting for about 10 years. I wish you had gotten me a coffee."

Intern: "Do you want to take a look at the list I have to see if it makes sense."

Reporter: "Tell you what. I trust you. Now, go back down there and get me a coffee and then write up the story for me."

Intern: "You want me to go back? The line will be long as it's 3pm and the former smokers are all taking their non-smoking breaks in the shop."

Reporter: "I really need a coffee. Thanks... and get a scone, blueberry if they have it."

Intern: "Okay. I wish I had more experience writing these things, but I'll try."

Reporter: "I'll go pitch the soundtrack idea to the editor while your getting my coffee."

Intern: "Wow! Thanks!"
 

PaulyT

Behind the Curtain
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
Superstar
Flint said:
Reporter: "Just Google them and summarize what others have said about their soundtracks."

Intern: "Is that real reporting?"

Reporter: "Yes, that's been real reporting for about 10 years. I wish you had gotten me a coffee."
:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:
 

Kazaam

Well-Known Member
If you don't like their list of 25 Best Soundtracks, then you might also take issue with their list of the "Top 10 Tiny Characters".

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,2048473,00.html

I imagine the intern probably did this project by interviewing kids at a college party. It starts out pretty good, which I figure means these answers came fairly early in the evening. Let's see: You've got Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz, Hobbits, Oompa-Loompas, The Seven Dwarfs, the Smurfs (if there is one cartoon lady I'd wanna bang, it's Smurfette), and Ewoks.

But then as the night wears on, the effects of drugs and alcohol start to creep into the responses.


Number 7: "The Keebler Elves". WTF?!!! Someone's starting to get the munchies!



Number 8: "The Travelocity Gnome". How clever!



Number 9: "The Leoprechan". (Someone's on a bad acid trip, methinks!)




And, finally, number 10: "David The Gnome". (Who was the one single person at the party who said this, because I can't believe all that many people found this lame cartoon memorable enough to mention.)
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSG5ANAdIp4[/youtube]
 

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
I own a bunch of those soundtracks, but the two that I listen to fairly often are not even on that list (and probably werent even thought about)

"Somewhere in Time" this soundtracxk has some of the most beautiful instrumental music i have ever heard.

and

"To Live and Die in L.A." Michael Mann movie done in the 80's with alot of music by new wave group "Wang Chung" but the soundtrack is some of the best music to drive to that I have ever heard.
 

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!
Superstar
MatthewB said:
"To Live and Die in L.A." Michael Mann movie done in the 80's with alot of music by new wave group "Wang Chung" but the soundtrack is some of the best music to drive to that I have ever heard.
Damn, I forgot about that one! :text-bravo: :text-bravo: :text-bravo:
 

Deacon

Humble Servant
Isn't it kinda like cheating to have the soundtrack of a musical on the list. I mean it's a musical, without the soundtrack its just a silent movie...
 

mzpro5

Well-Known Member
Famous
Deacon said:
Isn't it kinda like cheating to have the soundtrack of a musical on the list. I mean it's a musical, without the soundtrack its just a silent movie...

Or a movie with really shyty dialogue :D
 

Kazaam

Well-Known Member
mzpro5 said:
Deacon said:
Isn't it kinda like cheating to have the soundtrack of a musical on the list. I mean it's a musical, without the soundtrack its just a silent movie...

Or a movie with really shyty dialogue :D
LMAO!!! :eusa-clap:
 

Razz

Well-Known Member
got to say though....

How awesome was Gene Kelly in that "Singin in the Rain" bit!!!!


I haven't seen that in years and once I hit play it put a smile on my face all the way through!
 

Rope

Well-Known Member
Famous
MatthewB said:
I own a bunch of those soundtracks, but the two that I listen to fairly often are not even on that list (and probably werent even thought about)

"Somewhere in Time" this soundtracxk has some of the most beautiful instrumental music i have ever heard.

and

"To Live and Die in L.A." Michael Mann movie done in the 80's with alot of music by new wave group "Wang Chung" but the soundtrack is some of the best music to drive to that I have ever heard.


Money counterfiting and laundring. William L Peterson III, and Willam Defoe. Have it on DVD, filmed in Lancaster, CA...Great movie and soundtrack.

Rope
 
Top