• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

3DTV article

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
I found this 3DTV article I thought was pretty informative, but I got stumped on one area. (link)

Why would anyone buy a 3D 720 display? For me, I feel you have to sit closer to a 3D TV than a 2D TV of the same native resolution in order to get a truly immersive experience. This seems to go against common sense. As you go up in resolution, you can increase screen size and/or sit closer to the display. IMO, it seems a 3D 720p display is going to show you more pixelation if you have to sit as close, or closer, to it than a 1080p 2D display. I could just imagine what 3D would have been when 480p DVD was still king and also makes sense on why 3D never made much of an impact in theaters during the 50-80s.

Yesfan70 said:
I found this 3DTV article I thought was pretty informative, but I got stumped on one area. (link)

Why would anyone buy a 3D 720 display?

Because the expert at BB told them a smaller number meant a better picture. Kinda like golf :mrgreen:

I'm a fan of 3D but wouldn't buy a 3D TV at all. I think 3D is interesting on a huge projection display.

I just read the article and it made the point that if you sit close enough to the screen to have it fill your field of view (for the mostimmersive 3D experience) that you would HAVE to use a 1080p display.

Towen7 said:
I just read the article and it made the point that if you sit close enough to the screen to have it fill your field of view (for the mostimmersive 3D experience) that you would HAVE to use a 1080p display.

I didn't catch that the first time around. I guess I should have re-read it too.

Back