• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

4K is in the House

elfstone

Bitches!!!!

Got it last week. Ordered from BB (since they were really the only place to get one). Picked up the Kingsmen from BB at the Mall of Georgia.

Definite improvement over blu ray. Having an HDR set makes a world of difference (the JS8500 is). Setup was pretty easy and took about 2 minutes to do. Using both HDMI (audio and analog) since I think it works better that way. Might experiment with the one HDMI to the Denon later (just got the update that added 2.0a and DTS-X for the Denon).

Just waiting on my Foxconnect pre-orders to ship. Also pre-ordered some from BB (In the Heart of the Sea and Point Break).

Attachments

• 4k.jpg
    4k.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 299
  • 4k2.jpg
    4k2.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 299
You SUCK big time. Hope the movie studios pump out lots of UHD movies.
I've got to see a few UHD on Amazon Prime. I'm waiting awhile before I upgrade my Netflix account (not alot to choose from yet).
So now your set up for all the audio formats as well ?

I am still waiting for Crutchfield to get them back in stock, so I can use my $127 in points toward the purchase.

Hey guys. Sorry been AWOL for a few days. Had a car accident on Tuesday and it's really f**ked up my week. As well as a new tv, receiver and UHD player, looks like someone is getting a new car. An idiot in a Range Rover got a little bit too impatient and decided he couldn't wait his turn so . . . Was on my way to Piedmont Hospital for a doctors appointment and was about 2 blocks away on Peachtree Road. Fortunately there were witnesses who stayed and waited for the police so he got the ticket.

Anyway, UHD is a keeper. I will say that anyone with a 4K tv (Deacon & Barney), we're already a little bit spoiled by the picture we're getting already, so the difference isn't as in your face and it would be going from 1080p to 4k. Still a definite improvement in the picture and blacks are crazy black without being crushed. More detail and colors are a bit more vivid. The next step in the evolution of our hobby.

Bought a few more movies but haven't had time to watch them yet. Plan on doing so this weekend. The Martian, Mad Max, Enders Game and something else (can't remember). I'll let you know what I think.

Haywood said:
I am still waiting for Crutchfield to get them back in stock, so I can use my $127 in points toward the purchase.

I was going to buy from them too because I had some bonus points too, but they were out of stock. Got mine from Best Buy online. But for $127 off I'd wait too. :handgestures-thumbup:

Elf, I had to read your post a couple times, but you're okay, right? You were headed to the hospital for a previously-sched appointment? If your car was totalled, are you okay? Dayam.
Glad you're enjoying the new player, looking forward to the reviews.

Botch. Was on my way to a doctor's appointment when the accident happened. I'm fine. Car did what it was supposed to do and took care of me very well.

:handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Back