• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

5.1 SACD of Bloomfield, Kooper and Stills???

Kazaam

This popped up on my amazon recommendations. Comes out in September. According to Amazon it'll have a 5.1 surround mix. Very interesting!

SUPER SESSION

http://www.amazon.com/Super-Session...F8&qid=1409155428&sr=8-1&keywords=Stills+sacd

Don't know that I'll pay the $32 bucks for it. I mean, sure, once upon a time it'd be a no brainer for me. But times and people change. We got fewer and fewer releases over the years... Started listening to stereo more and more... Then I became disillusioned with the industry that forced surround fans to buy mega expensive deluxe editions just to get a 5.1 mix that was poorly done... And now I start thinking about other stuff that I want to buy, like new gear... Or more essential mega expensive things like a new car. (Oh whoa is me; cry me a river, I know... Just saying.)

:teasing-tease:

That said... I'm unfamiliar with this album. But I liked what I sampled on YouTube. Even if I don't buy the SACD, I wouldn't mind springing for the much cheaper regular CD version.

51wZZIkwExL.jpg

Kaz:

I have this LP and just bought the CD version. I saw the SACD advertized but also did not want to spring for it.

It is a very good recording. One of my favorite covers of "Season of the Witch" is on it.

Been listening to it on spotify. Think I'll watch and if the sacd ever gets cheaper then I'll go for it. But as of right now I'm leaning toward just the CD. At some point that is.

Speaking of 5.1 mixes, I read where there is a bluray audio of bob Marley that is supposed to be good. I probably should get that, but I suspect I'd get far more use out of a CD instead so that I can put it on my phone and listen to it in the car and in all those other convenience type places where mp3 is useful.

Kazaam said:
Been listening to it on spotify. Think I'll watch and if the sacd ever gets cheaper then I'll go for it. But as of right now I'm leaning toward just the CD. At some point that is.

Speaking of 5.1 mixes, I read where there is a bluray audio of bob Marley that is supposed to be good. I probably should get that, but I suspect I'd get far more use out of a CD instead so that I can put it on my phone and listen to it in the car and in all those other convenience type places where mp3 is useful.

Get both. The CD is under $8 new and with free shipping. Then get the SACD when it drops in price.

Back