• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

$500 or below speakers.

So other than the superfluous BS and marketing hyperbole, have they done anything that leads us to believe your statement above?

I read your post earlier and you made a bunch of great points but honestly are they doing anything any worse than Monster or Bose?

You realize you are making my point when you compare them to Monster and Bose, right?

So other than the superfluous BS and marketing hyperbole, have they done anything that leads us to believe your statement above?

So, to this question (which might belong in the "SVS Marketing" thread)….

Read that post I wrote -> I believe they have lowered the quality for the dollar spent. Do they still make a great subwoofer, definitely some of them are great. But, I believe it costs more to get the same performance as you could get back in their glory days. Same for their loudspeakers. Again, I am not saying they are crap and a total rip-off. But where it used to be always be easy to recommend their products and know they are a great deal, today I could recommend a dozen other products which are equally as good at the same price. So, given they are no longer a stand out for performance and value, their marketing is a strike against them. I felt the same way about Outlaw audio and Hsu and I think their marketing ultimately hindered their growth.

Especially considering the fact that none of us would ever recommend Monster or Bose.

Back