• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

$500 or below speakers.

It sounds great! It brought a smile to my face while watching Ready Player One. I got it for free though so I might be a little biased. I'd choose it over any of the other $500 subs on the market.
Very nice. Very happy for you.

But...but... SVS subs obliterate expectations with jaw-dropping accuracy and earth-shattering performance with astonishing clarity and spine-crushing LFEs with mind-numbing levels of power and refinement.

Can your measly Monolith do all that?

Damn you, @Zing !!!! I had to turn off and wash my notebook PC after I spewed my coffee all over it thanks to you!

Wow, lots of hate on SVS these days. They must have really pissed you guys off in my absence.

I moved my response to the SVS Marketing thread in the Misc. section.

Wow, lots of hate on SVS these days. They must have really pissed you guys off in my absence.

Okay... I'll try to explain my stance dispassionately and without humor or sarcasm...

Last edited:
You're doing it wrong. This section can be seen and read by anyone in the world. The Miscellaneous section requires a person to be an Annex forum member and logged in to even see the section exists, let alone read any of its threads.

You're doing it wrong. This section can be seen and read by anyone in the world. The Miscellaneous section requires a person to be an Annex forum member and logged in to even see the section exists, let alone read any of its threads.

Maybe I'll copy it over.

I'm just glad I bought my superbly fantastic, earth rumbling, room shaking, unparalleled SVS sub before they started sucking.

So, I'm still one of the cool kids!!!

I'm just glad I bought my superbly fantastic, earth rumbling, room shaking, unparalleled SVS sub before they started sucking.

So, I'm still one of the cool kids!!!

I remember when it was safe to assume that anyone who bought an SVS subwoofer got an amazing product at an amazing price. Now I am not so sure about either.

I remember when it was safe to assume that anyone who bought an SVS subwoofer got an amazing product at an amazing price. Now I am not so sure about either.

So other than the superfluous BS and marketing hyperbole, have they done anything that leads us to believe your statement above?

I read your post earlier and you made a bunch of great points but honestly are they doing anything any worse than Monster or Bose?

Make of this what you will but somewhere between 2008 and 2010 I drove out to SVS to pick up a pair of their MBS speakers and get a tour of their facility. The manager met me right away and struck up a conversation before showing me around. He asked me if the speakers I was picking up were my first SVS product. I said "No, I have a PB12 NSD/2 subwoofer." To my shock his reply was "Oh nice! You have one of the last good subs." He literally put an emphasis on the word 'good' as if to suggest their newer offerings were somehow inferior to what they had been making.

Back