• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A 4K projector for the home?

jamhead

Well-Known Member
Alot of good PJ's coming out this fall. Supposedly excellent 2D images AND 3D images (with sufficient brightness and RF glasses) for ~1500.
 

mzpro5

Well-Known Member
Famous
jamhead said:
Alot of good PJ's coming out this fall. Supposedly excellent 2D images AND 3D images (with sufficient brightness and RF glasses) for ~1500.

That's good - I'm going to start looking for a projector and screen to put in Mom's basement sometime in the next 6 months.
 

Yesfan70

I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv
Famous
jamhead said:
Alot of good PJ's coming out this fall. Supposedly excellent 2D images AND 3D images (with sufficient brightness and RF glasses) for ~1500.



A 3D projo for $1500? I'm listening............
 

jamhead

Well-Known Member
Well, since you're listening....here's the first:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/optoma_hd33_3d_projector_review.htm?page=The-Viewing-Experience

More to come at Cedia, but....Epson's highly regarded budget PJ, the 8350, is being improved in black levels, noise, and with 3D. Not sure of the Model number yet (3010 maybe), but is ALSO releasing the 3010e, which may/may not have 3D, but does have wireless HD technology. They also have higher end PJ's coming out to complete with Panasonic's 3.5k PJ. The Epson's "budget" models are around 1500 with glasses. The Epson's budget models last year were regarded as big time bang/buck.

I may have to push my funds a little this fall.......I don't care about 3D, but at that price, and if the 2D picture is good (I'm no videophile)....might be a winner.
 

Zing

Retired Admin
Famous
jamhead said:
More to come at Cedia, but....Epson's highly regarded budget PJ, the 8350, is being improved in black levels, noise, and with 3D.
REALLY? Where did you learn that?

About this time last year, Epson took a rather defiant stance and said - in no uncertain terms - that they would NOT pursue 3D tech. So I'm curious to learn what made them cave and change their direction.
 

Towen7

Well-Known Member
Staff member
Moderator
Whoops :icon-redface:

Cut/pated/searched the wrong model. :text-imsorry:

The only reference to pricing I've found is that Sony expects it to be less than ... cough, cough ... $25,000.
 

jamhead

Well-Known Member
Zing said:
jamhead said:
More to come at Cedia, but....Epson's highly regarded budget PJ, the 8350, is being improved in black levels, noise, and with 3D.
REALLY? Where did you learn that?

About this time last year, Epson took a rather defiant stance and said - in no uncertain terms - that they would NOT pursue 3D tech. So I'm curious to learn what made them cave and change their direction.


I have my sources. :scared-eek:

But here's another source:

http://www.projectorcentral.com/pro...-Epson-to-Unveil-3D-1080p-Models&entry_id=449
 
Top