• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A Charlie Brown Christmas

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
This show popped up right after the news tonight. I watched it religiously when I was a kid, to me it was the official start of the Christmas season. Pretty sure I haven't seen it now in at least 30 years.
I've read, over the years, lots of articles about Charles Shulz's mental state/depression, and how it came thru his work, despite its appeal to everyone. I could pretty much remember the lines, scenes, artwork and music from this show like the back of my hand, even after 3 decades, but the depression really shined thru to me, tonight, wow! Maybe its because of my own path these last three years, or maybe its just the wisdom of Age, I don't know. I suddenly see the despair shallowly buried in this happy Xmas classic.

Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars is now on Palladia, back to modern (sorta) reality. :shifty:

So it was already on, eh? It's kind of sad that they air the Thanksgiving episode pretty close to Thanksgiving, and then less than a week later they air the Christmas episode (even though Christmas is almost four weeks away). I wonder if Charles Schultz would be driven into further depression by this fact, if he were alive?

Kazaam said:
So it was already on, eh? It's kind of sad that they air the Thanksgiving episode pretty close to Thanksgiving, and then less than a week later they air the Christmas episode (even though Christmas is almost four weeks away). I wonder if Charles Schultz would be driven into further depression by this fact, if he were alive?

Don't despair.

I would bet Snoopy's doghouse that it will be on at least one more time.

I watched the Thanksgiving one with my son. He loved it. I love the scene where Snoopy is fighting with the lawn chair. Hilarious!

Yesfan70 said:
I watched the Thanksgiving one with my son. He loved it. I love the scene where Snoopy is fighting with the lawn chair. Hilarious!

I rather enjoyed their Thanksgiving feast: popcorn, toast, jelly beans (I think?), more toast, and more popcorn. The only thing missing was RC Cola.
(Oh... and Zingers for dessert!)

When I was in elementary school...

My only exposure to Zingers (for years it seemed) came only whenever there was a Charlie Brown cartoon special on TV. Always exclusively sponsored by Dolly Madison and the commercials featured Snoopy as the "Zinger Zapper", of course! But I don't think Zingers were sold in my area back then. Or at least none of the grocery stores my mom shopped at carried them. I never saw 'em. And believe me, I checked!

I was kind of disappointed in the taste of Zingers once I finally got to try 'em.

Back