• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A good mate for the Monitor7

Interesting. I guess I can't be that surprised since they are made by the same company. Sometimes I think we think too much.

Maximo said:
What about a Paradigm Millenia 20 as a center? I like the idea of having a low profile center blending in with the TV.h

Be careful about throwing just any center speaker into center channel duty simply because it is of the same brand. If it is not from the same model line, then I would pass personally.

I found this out when I still had my Klipsch system. When I had bought those speakers I bought a separate Klipsch center speaker thinking I had to have one for center channel duty. I had a KV-2 center to mate with my KG5.5 towers. One of the biggest mistakes I made with my setup.

I would rather run no center speaker if I can't find or use the matching speaker I need.

Yesfan70 said:
Be careful about throwing just any center speaker into center channel duty simply because it is of the same brand. If it is not from the same model line, then I would pass personally.

I found this out when I still had my Klipsch system. When I had bought those speakers I bought a separate Klipsch center speaker thinking I had to have one for center channel duty. I had a KV-2 center to mate with my KG5.5 towers. One of the biggest mistakes I made with my setup.

I would rather run no center speaker if I can't find or use the matching speaker I need.

:text-+1:

Those are some wise words right there. As an experiment, try using you TV's speakers w/ the 'Digms sometime. Granted the center you're looking at is more capable than TV speakers, but you'll get the idea of what a lacking center speaker will sound like.

John

That was just a lark. I saw a Millenia 20 center on Audiogon for $125 but it was gone before I could jump on it.

The center is going to be....A. a minimonitor b.a CC-190 c. nothing.

Leaning towards the mini though.

Back