• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A necessary upgrade!!!

-B-

Had a friend in need so I sold my Onkyo 805 which here is like driving a Porsche 911 on a go kart track, it just wasn't getting used to it's potential and I needed an extra hdmi input. I decided to go for the gadgetry since my need for better amps are at a minimum. I like the Pioneer VSX-820 with the Bluetooth in the bedroom as it's working flawlessly so I wanted the same in the living room. Pioneer and Marantz are the only real players in the Bluetooth game for AV receivers. I like Marantz but couldn't justify the cost and I know the Pioneer Bluetooth works. I was afraid to spend more on the Marantz and have it's Bluetooth not work as well....those NR models are pretty cool for anyone not needing power.

Wandered in to BB and saw a Pioneer Elite VSX-32 floor model. Asked how much, talked them down some, no remote, talked them down some more. Damn near half off MSRP and it was roughly what I would have paid for the same tech in the brand new Pioneer model I was eyeing plus Elites have 2 year warranties over the regulars 1 year. This model also has an Ethernet jack and will read Windows media and does some other stuff I haven't looked at yet. Once I figure out how it all works I'll update....I'm reallly curious as to how well the Windows Media stuff works and if it reads my lossless files.

Another bonus is they changed the Bluetooth dongle, so the ASBT100 is now discontinued and half off. I'm hoping the two receivers will be able to sync off the same device and not suffer any delay issues, but if not I wouldn't be surprised...just be a bonus.

Sounds Great! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Do you have a universal remote, or have you priced a replacement remote, or do you use "sneaker-mote", like I did until about a year ago?

Botch said:
Sounds Great! :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup: :handgestures-thumbup:

Do you have a universal remote, or have you priced a replacement remote, or do you use "sneaker-mote", like I did until about a year ago?

I have a universal and I'd guess my Pioneer VSX-820 remote would work with it. Hell it's damn near the same unit with Elite written on it plus the network capabilities. I love having the Bluetooth audio streaming option, it becomes a large part of use when you have the option.

-B- said:
....I'm reallly curious as to how well the Windows Media stuff works and if it reads my lossless files.

Yeah, see the thread about the Yamaha RX-V867. I hope yours is a LOT less messy than that one.

-B- said:
....I'm hoping the two receivers will be able to sync off the same device and not suffer any delay issues, but if not I wouldn't be surprised...just be a bonus.
Bluetooth devices can only synced (or paired) to one other device at a time. So while both receivers can access the same device, only one can be paired at a time.

Congrats and YOU SUCK!!

John

yromj said:
-B- said:
....I'm reallly curious as to how well the Windows Media stuff works and if it reads my lossless files.

Yeah, see the thread about the Yamaha RX-V867. I hope yours is a LOT less messy than that one.

-B- said:
....I'm hoping the two receivers will be able to sync off the same device and not suffer any delay issues, but if not I wouldn't be surprised...just be a bonus.
Bluetooth devices can only synced (or paired) to one other device at a time. So while both receivers can access the same device, only one can be paired at a time.

Congrats and YOU SUCK!!

John

Yeah, I'm not holding out much hope for the windows media thing, just a bonus if it works decent. I still have my Squeezebox and if the windows media bit doesn't work well an Apple TV unit would do it with ease. I am bummed about the Bluetooth bit, but it's still nice to have, very convenient with smartphones, iPads and I like listening to an am sports radio station which is much more pleasing via the web broadcast which I can now stream to the main system. That plus watching video content via the iPad and getting sound via the receiver.

Hope to have it hooked up tonite or tomorrow nite. Will update with the windows media stuff.

Back