• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

A sad day for my HGS-10

GreatDane

For a few months it's been making a slight pop sound when it turns on and off but today it only crackles. 8 years was all she had in her. It was made in 2001, bought in 2003 on clearance.

I actually don't even need a sub in my music room but I brought my old Def Tech in...time to start saving for that SVS.

GreatDane said:
...time to start saving for that SVS.
No, no, no, no, no, Silly Boy. Everything old is new again. Hsu is the new go-to sub. SVS is so 2009.

lol don't think HSU wasn't on my mind too. I'm broke as shit right now so it could be 2012 before I buy one...so what will be "in" then?

GreatDane said:
...so what will be "in" then?
The latest and greatest SVHsu VTF/PB17.25 Ultra/3 with Quad Super Charged Mid Bass Turbo Port Extenders?

Dane, if you could send me any, I ain't picky, of those girls you been a postin pics of, I would be happy to send you my PB12 +2 for free of charge.

I do kinda fancy that one that was real flexible...

GreatDane said:
lol don't think HSU wasn't on my mind too. I'm broke as shit right now so it could be 2012 before I buy one...so what will be "in" then?

Infinite baffles. Everybody will be saying, "Your sub is in a box? How lame!"

John

Randy said:
Dane, if you could send me any, I ain't picky, of those girls you been a postin pics of, I would be happy to send you my PB12 +2 for free of charge.

I do kinda fancy that one that was real flexible...

I'll ask around during my next photo shoot next week...no promises! :teasing-tease:

yromj said:
GreatDane said:

Infinite baffles. Everybody will be saying, "Your sub is in a box? How lame!"

John

I'm thinking maybe 10 or 20 tactile transducers on my chair with about 2K watts. Infinite baffles you say though...is there a thinking outside the box joke in there???

IB would be such overkill but I'd love to hear that someday. I listen at 65~70 dB. in my little music room...now headphones get cranked well into 80's.

Back