1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Adcom GFA-5300

Discussion in 'Amplifiers & Receivers' started by Maximo, Oct 5, 2010.

1. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

IS $80 a good deal for this? Considering it works properly. Guy said I could listen to it.

Does nyone know if it has auto on?

2. jamhead

jamhead Well-Known Member

New: $450
    Avg used on A-gon: $210

It's an 80 watt/channel (8 ohm) 2 channel amp with 130 watts rated into 4 ohms.

What would you use it for?

And I saw no trigger....doubt it's auto-on, though not sure.

3. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

2.1 system in bedroom.

4. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

If it's in real good condition, trigger or not, I think I would take it for $80. If you got tired of it, you could probably still double your money on it if you sold it.

5. Maximo

Maximo Well-Known Member

True. But it is worthless to me (other than flipping it for a profit) if it doesn;t have a trigger.

6. topper

topper Well-Known Member

:text-nocomment:

7. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

8. Yesfan70

Yesfan70 I'm famous now bitches! vvvvv Famous

Years ago, I had a Powermax surge protector that had a second power cord you plugged into a receiver's outlet. This way anything connected to the Powermax's switched/delayed switched outlets would also come on when the receiver was fired up. I'm sure protectors with that feature are a dime dozen.

Still, if you don't like the idea of adding another component just to get some sort of trigger, I think I would still buy that amp to turn a profit.