• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Advice needed....

jamhead

Should I celebrate my new job by replacing my SVS 25-31nsd in my dedicated music / ht room with the PSA s3000i?

Chris- you were in the room....what do you think?

If the words "should I" are followed by "replace" and/or "subwoofer" ... the answer is always yes.

Replacing your old SVS tube with a new PSA S3000I would be the equivalent of replacing your old VCR with a new Blu-ray player.

Your question has been answered.

You're welcome.

:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Hmmmm...

The JeffMackwood and MattB school of subwoofer math would say that addition, rather than substitution, is the way to go.

:)

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
Hmmmm...

The JeffMackwood and MattB school of subwoofer math would say that addition, rather than substitution, is the way to go.

:)

Jeff

:text-yeahthat:

Zing said:
Replacing your old SVS tube with a new PSA S3000I would be the equivalent of replacing your old VCR with a new Blu-ray player.

Your question has been answered.

You're welcome.

:eek:bscene-drinkingcheers:

Done! Should be here by the weekend.

I'd tell you that you suck Jamhead, but you probably already knew that. :eek:bscene-buttred:

Here's some more advice for you: when you get it all set up and are ready to demo it for the first time, make absolutely certain that your wife and some sort of jack are in the room with you because she'll need that jack to get your chin off the floor.

Thanks guys. In an odd way, I'm not too excited about the sub yet. I have really enjoyed the SVS and the thing has been very impressive in my room. I've been considering a sub upgrade for awhile simply due to the age of the SVS, but the timing was right to jump in. Ultimately though, watching Star Wars Ep. 7 last weekend was a catalyst.....when Kylo Ren (sp?) was trying to extract info from Poe.....the LF had the SVS pushing max. limits. First time I heard that and decided...yeah, let's see what the PSA can do.

So, going from a vented 12" sub to a dual-15" sealed. Should be interesting.

Ok, so now I'm excited. On fed ex truck for delivery today. Looks like I'll be leaving early.

Awesome news. Calibrating a new sub sounds like a fun way to spend a weekend.

jamhead said:
Ok, so now I'm excited. On fed ex truck for delivery today. Looks like I'll be leaving early.

:banana-rock: :banana-rock: :banana-rock:

Jamhead,
Congrats. Do you own a pack mule or how do you plan on transporting it?? :happy-smileygiantred:

Back